Community Q&A Question: Swap 289, 2V

Asking About: Mustang 5.0L 302 Short Block Accepts Roller Cam (79-95)


Swap 289, 2V

I'm looking at this as a possible swap for my 289, 2V, 200K mile non runner.
Will components, heads, intake, water pump, etc., from 289, 2V mount directly to this?
No that I'm not going to upgrade to performance parts. I just want a baseline confirmation. Thank you.
from Flowery Branch |

This short block is often used as a base for upgrading a early 289 or 302. This block is a roller cam block which makes it a little different than a flat tappet 289 or 302. Your 289 heads will bolt on and the remaining parts, intake, front cover etc...will also. bolt up. Special attention may need to be given to the front cover regarding clearance between the rear of the timing cover and the timing chain and gears so there is no interference. Also if you are intent on re-using the 289 heads you may need to check pushrod length. The swap you are proposing has been done many times and much more info regarding this can be found on the web doing a search.
from Hewitt |

This product is no longer available.
Please call 1-866-507-3786 if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Question About

  • Mustang 5.0L 302 Short Block  Accepts Roller Cam (79-95)
    5.0L 302 Short Block Accepts Roller Cam (79-95)
    4.5 stars (21) $1,399.99
    This item is no longer available.