Community Q&A Question: Advice

Asking About: Mustang 5.0L 302 Short Block Accepts Roller Cam (79-95)



I bought this block, and I think I'm going to put in AFR 185 heads, performer air gap intake, 650cfm Carb, and a tfs stage 1 cam. I need to know what roller rockers I should put in and what hydraulic roller lifters I should get as well. Also will I need to check Piston to valve clearance on this set up?
from Grants pass |
0 0

The ford racing "upgrade" lifters sold here are good. I would look into a Comp cams or Crane cams rocker in 1.6:1 ratio. You should be fine on PTV clearance but you should ALWAYS check. Every build is different and it doesn't take much time. - Tyler 3 years ago
add a comment

Yes, always check piston to valve clearance. 3/8" stud mount 1.6 rockers would be all you need. The Ford Racing Hydraulic Roller Lifters cant be beat.
from Hewitt |
0 1

Answer This Question

Question About