Community Q&A Question: Short Block 5.0L 302 Econo

Asking About: Mustang 5.0L 302 Short Block Accepts Roller Cam (79-95)


Short Block 5.0L 302 Econo

I'm looking to swap the v6 I currently have with a v8. I would LOVE to drop in a 5.0L; however, everything I am hearing is that it is a major pain to do so. My questions are:
1. Would this block be a good candidate for my 2004 mustang?
2. If so, what other components would I be looking at? I know what I would need if I were to do the swap from a compatible year's 4.6L, but are there additional components that I would need for this (i.e. motor mounts, etc.)?
3. Would my existing OEM computer and wiring be compatible or would I need to purchase that separately?

Thank you so much!
from Thornton |
0 0

Typically folks who do a pushrod swap are using the car as a dedicated track car. To make it a daily driver where everything works is quite involved and very expensive. The easier approach is doing a modular swap. The existing computer and wiring will not work with a pushrod swap.
from Hewitt |
0 0 Staff Member Post!

Answer This Question

Question About