Community Q&A Question: speed density to mass air.

Asking About: Mustang Barometric Air Pressure Sensor (Bap Sensor) (89-93) 5.0L


speed density to mass air.

I changed my 88 gt 5.0 from speed density to mass air flow. Do I need to change my map sensor to a bap sensor? Thanks
from Jacksonville |
1 0

You can use the map sensor you already have in your vehicle, you just plug in the electrical connector to the sensor and unplug the vacuum house that connects to the sensor itself. You can plug the other end of the vacuum house coming from your intake so there are no vacuum leaks, but there is no reason to buy a bap sensor. Your map sensor well work just fine. Hope this helps.
- Shaggy 3 years ago
add a comment


When converting from Speed Density to Mass Air Flow, a Barometric Air Pressure Sensor is required.
from Hewitt |
0 0

Answer This Question

Question About

  • $74.99
    Standard Products Logo