In observance of Memorial Day our business will be CLOSED Monday, May 29, 2017.
Aggressive Braking Characteristics
Wide Temp Range
Designed For Auto Cross & Club Track Events
Can Still Be Used For Street Use To & From Events
100-800°F Or 38-482°C Heat Range
Exceptional Stopping Performance
Popular Choice for Rear Axle use on GT, GS and Club Level Applications with ABS
Designed to get you to and from the track without requiring brake change
What's in the Box
(1) Set Front HP Plus Compound Pads
Hawk HP-Plus Performance
Are you active in Auto Cross or Club Track days with your Mustang? If so The Hawk HP Plus brake pads maybe just what you are looking for. These Hawk HP Plus pads fit 1994-1998 Mustang GT & V6 applications. HP Plus pads utilize a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and "track day" applications. Hawk’s HP Plus race compound can take the heat of the track, and get you home safely without having to change back to street brake pads. HP Plus friction formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.
The Hawk HP Plus compound is designed for Auto Cross, & club track day events where the vehicle may be driven to and from the track. This compound is a balance of track performance and can still be used on the street. Perfect for the weekend racer.
WARNING: Due to this product's dramatic friction levels, the user may notice increased noise, dust, and pad and rotor wear.
-Fits 1994-98 Mustang GT & V6
Brake Pad Burnishing/Bedding-In Instructions
1. After reaching medium speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes. Repeat four or five times.
2. At higher speeds engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat five times.
3. At or near race speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat three times. Allow a few seconds between brake engagements while car is in motion.
4. Do not hold brake pedal. Park car for approximately 20 minutes or until brake rotors are completely cool to the touch.
5. If during the above steps the brake pedal becomes soft or brake fade is noticed, park the car immediately for approximately 20 minutes. Do not hold brake pedal!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS WHEN BURNISHING/BEDDING BRAKE PADS
• Do not attempt to use badly worn or damaged rotors with new brake pads.
• Do not drag brakes while car is moving during break-in procedure.
• Do not engage pedal while car is stopped at any time following the break-in procedure.
• Upon completing the procedure, allow the brake system to completely cool before racing.
• Applying the pedal a few times before the start of the race will allow the brake pads to heat up before attempting to reach race speeds.
• Clean a used rotor surface with fine sand paper or steel wool, rinse with water, dry and install before bedding new pads.
• Some forms of racing don't allow time for the proper break-in procedure to be performed. However, it is still very important to attempt to perform at least the core of the procedure: Build up heat slowly and allow the system to completely cool down before racing if possible.
Bed-in / Burnishing Instructions:
1. After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
2. Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
3. DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
5. After step 4 is completed, your new brake pads are ready for use.
These are fantastic brake pads. They brake with extreme confidence every time whether my car is on the auto cross course, the road course, drag strip, or the highway. They may not be well suited to a car that will never see a track but are very street friendly. They are very aggressive on bite and can take some heat without issue, they do make a bit of noise here or there at slow speeds and they do dust a lot. They are not particularly hard on rotors or even their own wear.
If you like having clean shiny wheels every day these are not the brake pads for you they will coat the wheel with dust very quickly in less than 5 minutes of driving. If you want the best street friendly performance braking ability or don't want to change pads at the track these are for you.
If you do run them hard and hot they will shower sparks out, but you have to run them pretty hard for that and its just the metallic particles burning off the pad.
Hawk - Race Proven, Street Legal
Wellman Products Group introduced Hawk high performance disc brake pads into the Motorsports arena more than 15 years ago and the brand has outperformed the competition and gained a loyal following from Mustang & Lightning owners across the U.S.A. Wellman Products Group is renowned for providing engineered solutions to original equipment and aftermarket customers for products that perform in demanding aerospace, on-highway truck, agriculture, construction, mining, powersports, motorsports, automotive, military, industrial, and specialty applications. With exceptional research and development programs, Hawk provides friction materials designed to improve power management for any friction application. Shop LatemodelRestoration.com for Hawk performance HPS Compound and ceramic brake pads, brake shoes, and other high quality brake system components.