This part ships for FREE via UPS Truck Freight shipping!
Complete Assembly Ready For Installation
Built With High Quality Ford Racing Performance Parts
Forged Rotating Assembly
Neutral Balance Rotating Assembly
FRPP "E" Cam
9.0:1 Compression Ratio
What's in the Box
(1) Ford Performance Long Block Assembly
M-6007-X302E Boss Block Crate Engine
This M-6007-X302B 5.0L Boss Block Crate Engine w/ E Cam is a great motor to swap into your Mustang. Don't want to spend the time searching for the right parts for your build? Pick up this Ford Racing crate motor and save time and money on your project Fox Body. Whether you are building a naturally aspirated or forced induction Foxbody, this crate motor will hold up to either. This engine comes ready for you to bolt on new accessories, an intake manifold, headers and a transmission to get the best combination for more horsepower and torque. This FRPP crate engine is a neutral, or zero balance rotating assembly. It comes assembled with FRPP SFI approved harmonic balancer (M-6316-D302) that will require M-8510-B351 for use with 79-95 mustang accessory drive.
This Mustang 5.0L 302ci has a compression ratio of 9:0:1 making 345 horsepower straight out of the box! With forged pistons, forged steel connecting rods, and forged steel crankshaft, this Boss 4-bolt main block is built to take the demands of high horsepower combinations! This motor also features a double roller timing chain, rear sump oil pan, and roller rocker arms for a perfect combination for your project Mustang!
Ford Performance E-Cam
This Mustang crate engine is equipped with a Ford Performance E-Cam, M-6250-E303, to give you the extra power you need! This performance camshaft has a 282/282 duration and a .498/.498 lift to add a good amount of low-end torque. This hydraulic camshaft is preinstalled in this motor to save you time when building your Foxbody.
Ford Performance GT-40 Heads
These Ford Performance GT40X heads, M-6049-X306, top off this crate motor for more air flow and performance. The intake ports flow at approx 240ccm at .550" lift and the exhaust ports flow at approx 170cfm at .500" lift. These lightweight aluminum heads weigh close to 22lbs each, 25 lbs lighter than each production iron head!
* Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
* This engine has a rear sump oil pan and pickup, timing cover and reverse rotation water pump and EFI valve covers
* A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information
* The timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
* Fuel pump eccentric M6287B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
* A reverse rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
* The valve covers (M6582BOSS302) should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately).
* The flywheel included (M6375B302) should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper neutral balance flywheel.
* Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order)
We recommend breaking this crate engine in properly. Late Model Restoration will not be held accountable for any damages that may occur due to improper break-in methods. Normal break in conditions consist of 500 miles at normal operating conditions.
I bought this motor about a year ago. The horsepower rating is true to what it says. With the included cam it makes a lot of torque between 2500 and 6000 rpms with a peak at 4900. Using forced induction you can easily make over 400 wheel horse power. The few installation issues that I had is that the included dip stick wouldn't fit with ford racing shorty headers and I had to do some additional drilling to make the mounts work for a Vortech V3 supercharger. I have had no issues with performance or engine reliability so far after putting ~7000 miles on this motor. I personally use 10w-40 mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil in this beast.
Yes, I would recommend this item to a friend!
Was this review helpful to you?
More than just a replacement!
justin k. on
I wanted an engine I could use forced induction. Aftermarket block and forged internals, you can't beat the price!
Ford Performance - Mustang Ford Racing Parts
Ford Performance Parts is the leader in performance parts and accessories for Mustang and Ford Lightning.
LMR.com is proud to offer Ford Racing Performance Parts for your project. Ford Racing is dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products offered in the industry. Choose from suspension, exhaust, wheels, and other performance parts at LatemodelRestoration.com. If you want the best for your Mustang or SVT Ligtning, look no further than Ford Performance Parts!