SVE Mustang Performance Starter Kit
Want to add more horsepower and clean up the engine bay on your Foxbody? This 1989-1993 Mustang SVE performance starter kit is just what your need. This kit features a cold air intake, SVE underdrive pulleys, an A/C Delete, and a new serpentine belt. While adding power, it can also help improve gas mileage! Pick up this kit today to start modifying your 5.0L motor!
Cold Air Intake Kit
This Cold Air Intake kit completely replaces the stock factory air box and restrictive paper filter element in your 1989-1993 5.0 Mustang with a high flow filter assembly for a noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle response while filtering out destructive power robbing dust particles. This CAI pulls cooler, denser air from inside the inner fender well to make more power that you can feel.
SVE Underdrive Pulleys & Belt
The SVE underdrive pulley & belt kit for your 1987-1993 Ford Mustang 5.0L decreases accessory drive drag and increases power. With a few simple hand tools, you can easily swap out your stock pulleys with these lighter, resized pulleys for a noticeable difference in power! With a new serpentine belt included, you no longer have to worry about finding the right sized belt for your application! Underdrive pulleys are resized pulleys designed to drive a vehicle's accessories at a slower rate than factory. Each kit features a new crank, water pump, and alternator pulley to reduce the amount of power your accessories use, and free up horsepower that was once robbed by your accessory drive. Gains of up to 10+ hp and 2-3 mpg have been seen with the installation of a Fox Body underdrive pulley kit.
This kit replaces the factory A/C and power steering bracket with a factory style non-A/C power steering bracket assembly on your 1985-1993 Mustang 5.0L. No additional pulleys are necessary. Uses original bracket on power steering pump and all attaching bolts are included.
-Fits 1989-1993 Mustang 5.0L
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of a weight reduction and increased performance!
Fox Body Mustang Cold Air Intake Installation (89-93 5.0 SVE)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2013-10-22 SVE ALUMINUM UNDERDRIVE PULLEY KITS Part #s: Blue SVE-8221BL; Red SVE-8221R; Silver SVE-8221C, Black SVE-8221B Fits: Ford Mustang LX, GT, Cobra with 5.0L V8 Years: 1979 (79) - 1980 (80) - 1981 (81) - 1982 (82) - 1983 (83) - 1984 (84) - 1985 (85) - 1986 (86) - 1987 (87) - 1988 (88) - 1989 (89) - 1990 (90) - 1991 (91) - 1992 (92) - 1993 (93)
Free up some horsepower in your 79-93 Fox Body Mustang with SVE Performance Aluminum Underdrive Pulley Kits. These direct bolt on underdrive pulleys fit all 79-93 Stangs with a V8. They are available in four colors, Blue, Clear/Silver, Red & Black, to help dress up your engine bay. They add extra horsepower by reducing your accessory drive drag and their lightweight billet aluminum construction. Installation can be done in your driveway with simple hand tools.
Each kit includes hardware, alternator pulley, water pump pulley & crank pulley.
Published on 2013-11-11 1989-93 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 SVE COLD AIR INTAKE KIT POLISHED - FOX BODY Brand: SVE Part Number # LRS-9659CA3K Fits: Ford Mustang 5.0L - 1989 (89) - 1990 (90) - 1991 (91) - 1992 (92) - 1993 (93)
Are you looking to increase horsepower and fuel economy on your Fox Body Mustang? How about doing all of this without breaking the bank? Well you are in luck! The SVE Cold Air Intake for the 89-93 5.0L Mustangs will do all of this and even improve the looks of your underhood with its polished finish. Installation is super easy with the help of this how to installation video!
Each SVE intake includes all the needed hardware and components you need to replace the restrictive factory intake tube and box with this high flow SVE CAI. Don't forget to look at our SVE Power Packages that include the SVE intake and under drive pulley kit, 70mm throttle body and many other SVE performance parts. They are guaranteed to wake up any 5.0L HO push rod motor!! See our complete line of SVE performance packages here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Performance-Parts-Kits-1979-1993Mustang Performance Part Kits
LatemodelRestoration.com, SVE & 5.0Resto are dedicated to the restoration and performance of your Project Foxbody Mustang!!
SVE® specializes in performance and specialty parts for 1979-2018 Ford Mustangs. Using years of experience in the late model Mustang restoration and aftermarket industry, SVE® is your source for everything Mustang. While designing, and manufacturing, several items such as brake kits, wheels, styling components and interior items, SVE® also uses many other name brand suppliers to provide problem solving products directly to the Mustang community. As with any part branded as SVE®, they stand behind all of these products to the fullest extent and have tested these products to ensure they live up to the quality and performance you have come to expect!