Weld RT-S Wheel Kit
Bolt on this 1994-2004 Mustang Weld RT-S wheel kit to clear your big front brake kit! Weld has long been known as the leader in Mustang drag racing performance. The RT-S S71 wheel has become the standard for what racers look for in a drag wheel. This set of Weld RT-S wheels is specifically made to clear the larger 13" front brakes found on many 1994-2004 Mustangs.
Weld RT-S S71 Wheels
The 5-spoke Weld RT-S S71 wheels are sure to turn heads when you're pulling up to the staging lane as well as flying down the track. These 3-piece modular wheels have a black anodized face contrasted by a high polished lip. Weld utilizes a forged billet center with cold forged rim shells for strength and durability. These light weight wheels can handle a hefty 1,580lbs per wheel and 3,160lbs per axle.
Lug Pattern: 5 x 4.5"
Lug Pattern: 5 x 4.5"
Lug Nut Info
Requires the use of 1/2-20 short shank style lug nuts WLD-6011456 for the rear 15X10 wheels. 17" Weld RT-S require spline drive lug nuts. Not included.
Does Not Fit
While we do not recommend these wheels be used in the following applications they can be made to work by grinding on the rear outer tie rod as well as the knuckle for clearance. Low profile IRS subframe bolts will be needed as well.
-99-04 Cobra with IRS
-79-04 Mustang with IRS Swap
-Cobra rear brakes require the hex head of the banjo bolt, and the block to be ground down slightly at an angle for clearance!
-Fits 1994-2004 Mustang
TPMS Sensor Note
Due to the design of these wheels, standard Ford TPMS sensors are not compatible. Placing these wheels on your Mustang with TPMS sensors will cause the warning light to illuminate with a TPMS fault.
Wheel Clearance Notes
- 1979-93 Mustang (All) (EXCL. 17x8" Wheels) - Steering rack limiters May be needed to eliminate rubbing issues when turning the front wheel.
- 1979-86 Mustang (All) - Requires a front wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
- 1987-93 Mustang (2.3L) - Mustangs require a front wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
- 1979-93 Mustang (All) - May require a front 8MM spacer to keep the grease cap from pushing out the center cap.
- 1979-04 Mustang (All) - Rear quad shocks may need to be reversed or removed for proper fitment. Please check for clearance issues before driving the car.
- 1979-04 Mustang (All) - Installation of this wheel on the rear of your Mustang may require fender rolling, exhaust modification, or a combination of all three for proper fitment.
- 1999-04 Cobra (All) - Will need a low profile IRS bolt for Clearance.
Drag Wheel/Lug Nut Disclaimer
When using longer than factory studs, an open end lug nut is required.
Weld Wheels Limited Warranty - Click Here