Weld Classic Styling
Add a stylish, lightweight wheel to your Fox Body with this 1979-1993 Mustang Weld RT-S S71 5-lug drag wheel kit! This Weld RT-S wheel is specifically designed to fit 1979-1993 Mustangs with an 11", 5-Lug front brake rotor conversion. Weld Racing brings you amazing styling, along with drag race performance with these RT-S S71 wheels! Featuring a 3-piece, 5-spoke design, the center of the wheel comes in black anodized, and the lip is polished for that extra style. This kit comes with two 15x4 front runners, as well as two 15x10 rears, for the perfect drag setup!
Weld Racing wheels are proudly made here in the USA at their Kansas City, MO facility. The Weld RT-S S71 wheels utilize a forged billet center with cold forged rim shells for strength and durability. These lightweight 3-piece wheels can handle a hefty 1,580lbs per wheel and 3,160lbs per axle.
Will ONLY fit 1979-1993 Mustang w/ 11" Fox Body 5-Lug brake rotors.
Will NOT fit SN95 5-Lug conversions due to the offset and backspacing, the 15x4 RT-S s71 wheel will poke out past the fender slightly. It is not recommended for SN95 Brake Swaps.
Wheel Clearance Notes
1979-93 Mustang All: Steering rack limiters may be needed to eliminate rubbing issues when turning.
1979-86 Mustang All: Requires a wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
1987-93 Mustang 4-cyl: Requires a wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
May require an 8MM spacer to keep the grease cap from pushing out the center cap.
1979-93 Mustangs All: Quad shocks may need to be reversed or removed for proper fitment. Please check for clearance issues before driving the car.
Extended Center Cap
The cap that comes standard in the wheel box will fit with modification to the dust cap, but this wheel also includes an extended center cap to clear the dust cap without any modification.
Lug Nut Info
Requires the use of 1/2-20 short shank style lug nuts WLD-6011456. Not included.
Wheel Clearance Notes
- 1979-93 Mustang (All) (EXCL. 17x8" Wheels) - Steering rack limiters May be needed to eliminate rubbing issues when turning the front wheel.
- 1979-86 Mustang (All) - Requires a front wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
- 1987-93 Mustang (2.3L) - Mustangs require a front wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
- 1979-93 Mustang (All) - May require a front 8MM spacer to keep the grease cap from pushing out the center cap.
- 1979-04 Mustang (All) - Rear quad shocks may need to be reversed or removed for proper fitment. Please check for clearance issues before driving the car.
- 1979-04 Mustang (All) - Installation of this wheel on the rear of your Mustang may require fender rolling, exhaust modification, or a combination of all three for proper fitment.
- 1999-04 Cobra (All) - Will need low profile IRS bolts for proper clearance.
- 1999-04 Cobra (All) - A 3mm spacer is required to ensure the rear center caps are properly secured.
Drag Wheel/Lug Nut Disclaimer
When using longer than factory studs, an open end lug nut is required.
Weld Racing, a market leader in forged wheel technology for your Mustang, was started in 1967. The vision was to build stronger, lighter and truer wheels for both on and off the race track. The technology that dominates Drag Racing and Oval Track Racing is shared with the Car, Truck, and Motorcycle wheel lines. In addition, Weld Racing wheels are newly available for Sand Sports and Off-Road racing.
The Weld Racing organization is a group committed to producing cutting-edge forged alloy wheels of the highest quality to enhance the performance and appearance of race cars, off-road trucks, sand rails, luxury pickups, SUV's, premium motor cars, customs, hot rods, and motorcycles. Shop LatemodelRestoration.com for high quality Weld Racing wheels
Products by Vehicle
Email Me When It's Back In Stock!
Email Me When It Arrives!
Upload a Picture
Upload your own picture of the Mustang Weld 5-Lug RT-S S71 Wheel Kit- 15x4/10 - Black (79-93)
Please make sure to hold your device horizontally (like a camera) rather than vertical (like a phone).
By uploading an image, you agree to give LMR.com ® permission to use it in future advertisements and promotions.