In observance of Memorial Day our business will be CLOSED Monday, May 29, 2017.
OHTSU Tire Limited Warranty - LMR.com
Warranty Contact Info:
If you have a warranty concern or question, please contact us via phone at (254) 296-6500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHTSU Tire Limited Warranty
Tires Covered by this Warranty:
This limited warranty applies to OHTSU brand steel belted radial passenger car and selected light truck tires bearing the complete description and serial number as required by the DOT. This warranty applies only to tires purchased after October 1, 2012. Tires purchased before that date are subject to previous published warranties. This warranty is effective only for tires for which claims are made within five years of date of production, based on the tire DOT serial number.
What is Warranted and For How Long:
- Material and Workmanship Warranty.
What is Not Covered (Exclusions):
- Every OHTSU brand radial tire is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the original tread, to 2/32” of the remaining tread depth.
- If a tire becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the first 2/32” of tread wear; it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable OHTSU tire.
- Thereafter, prorated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to 2/32”. The amount of credit allowed is determined by multiplying the OHTSU dealer’s current selling price for an equivalent new OHTSU tire by the percentage remaining usable tread depth.
- OUT-OF-ROUND or OUT-OF-BALANCE claims will be accepted for adjustment only during the first 1/32” of the original tread depth, and tires will be replaced free of charge with comparable OHTSU tires. A set of four (4) tires from the same vehicle will not be accepted for out-of-round or out-of-balance claims.
- Unserviceability due to road hazards (cuts, snags, punctures, bruises, impact breaks, etc.) improper inflation, overload, irregular wear, wheel imbalance, defective vehicle mechanical components (i.e., brakes, shocks, rims) improper suspension alignment, accident, fire, chemical damage, chain damage, racing, off-road use, runflat, improper installation, vandalism, or abuse.
- Tires on any vehicles registered and normally used outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Tires branded “NA” or having the DOT number removed.
- Tires presented for warranty claim by other than the original purchaser. This warranty is not transferable.
- Tires transferred to another vehicle from the one upon which they were originally installed.
- A tire whose failure is related to any previous damages and/or repairs.
- Any cost of tire repair or retreading is not covered by this warranty and will be solely borne by tire owner.
- The Mileage Warranty is not applicable if tires are used in commercial service, or determined at our sole discretion, have premature or irregular wear due to abusive service or defective vehicle mechanical conditions. Abusive service includes off road use, excessive mountain road driving, racing, or passenger car tires on pick-up, recreational or utility vehicles.
- Vehicles where tires cannot be rotated, such as staggered fitments.
- At the time of purchase, the tire(s) must be properly installed, balanced, and air pressure set to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation. At least monthly the owner must check air pressure with a gauge and reinflate to recommended level. Every 5,000 miles tires must be rotated and the proof of compliance must be recorded on the Warranty Card.
- All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized OHTSU dealer.
- You must present your Warranty Card verifying mileage, rotation, proof of date and place of purchase, to make a Mileage Warranty claim. The name of the FALKEN dealer from whom the tires were purchased must be included on the form.
- You must pay any costs for mounting, balancing, or any other service charges, including applicable taxes.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE ABOVE PERIOD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FALKEN TIRE CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF THE TIRE OR THE VEHICLE ON WHICH IT IS USED, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO OHTSU BRAND TIRES, AND SUPERCEDES THE TERMS OF ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTY. FALKEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY.