Whether it be the Eco-Boost or 5.0 one of the first mods we recommend to start off with would be your exhaust. This is a fairly simple instillation requires a few hand tools and a friend to help you out. Normal installation time ranges from 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on your skill level.
- 10 mm & 15 mm socket with a 3/8" ratchet, assorted extension set
- Jack and jack stands (If you have access to a lift this would be best)
- Cut-off wheel or hacksaw
- Die-grinder with sandpaper disc to remove any burs
- Small flat-head screwdriver
- Measuring Tape
- Sharpie marker
- Friend to help lift the exhaust off of the downpipe
- Safety glasses/face shield
- Durable set of work gloves
- Lift and support you Mustang using the jack and jack stands.
Remove the two 10 mm bolts for the hangers located closest to the rear-end center section. Rotate the hangers downwards and out of your way.
- Locate and remove the two 10 mm bolts from the rear exhaust hanger. (repeat for the other side)
- At the front of the resonator, loosen the two 15 mm bolts on the sleeve.
- Lift the tab with your screwdriver and slide the pipe towards the rear of the vehicle. (This is the part where a friend will be needed to help you) Carefully remove the exhaust and set aside.
- Take the hangers from step 3 and transfer them to the new axle back set, as well as the two included clamps.
- Use your tape measure and Sharpie, mark a line at the start of the bend of the tube going into the stock muffler. make a second line 2" from the first line. You will make your cut at the line closest to the muffler. NOTE: Take your time when cutting and make sure it is straight. The straighter the line, the cleaner the install will be overall.
- Start your cutting on the line, make sure to have all safety equipment handy and a few 2x4's to help hold the pipes off of the ground while cutting. Grind off any sharp edges once you have completed all cutting.
- Repeat steps 7&8 for the other side of your S550 Mustang.
- Re-install the factory mid-pipe back on the vehicle, and loosely tighten the bolts from step 2 & 4.
- Take your new FRPP axle back set and slide them into place. Next re-install your muffler hangers and fully tighten up the bolts. Tighten the muffler to mid-pipe clamps, and then move towards the front of the car tightening up the bolts from step 2&4.
- Finally, check for proper alignment of your tip's and enjoy!
Stay tuned-in to LMR.com for more 2015 EcoBoost parts and videos!