How To: Install AIRAID Cold Air Intake Kit (2011-2014 3.7L)
Last Updated 10/13/2020 by Landan Durham
10 14 mustang
cold air intake
Airaid cold air intake systems are specifically designed to take full advantage of today's high performance Mustang technology, thereby increasing efficiency and horsepower output in your 3.7L V6. Their unique inlet and filter combination is substantially less restrictive when compared to OEM-type air boxes. As a result, it drastically improves airflow by up to twenty percent! and power by as much as 11hp & 11ft-lbs of torque. Airaid's specially designed roto-molded air box protects the open filter from engine heat and inclement weather. The included filter is washable and reusable.
- Socket Set
- Socket Wrench
- Allen Wrenches
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum lines that are attached to the factory intake tube.
- Loosen the hose clamps and remove the tube from the car.
- Disconnect the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor.
- Remove the 10mm bolt securing the air box to the inner fender.
- Remove the air box from the car, but ensure that the two inner fender grommets stay there.
- Transfer the upper grommet and metal sleeve to the new Airaid air box.
- Position the new air box into the car and re-tighten the previously removed 10mm bolt.
- Transfer the MAF sensor to the Airaid intake tube and secure it with the included button head screws.
- Install the grommets and fittings into their respected areas on the Airaid intake tube.
- Slide the silicone couple and hose clamps onto the intake tube. (Leave the hose clamps loose for now.)
- Insert the intake tube in the Airaid air box first, then lower the tube down and onto the throttle body.
- Tighten the hose clamps.
- Secure the intake tube to the air box using the included button head bolts and washers.
- Reconnect the vacuum lines to the Airaid intake tube.
- Reconnect the Mass Air Flow sensor.
- Install the new Airaid filter.
- Install the weatherstrip onto the air box.
- Double check your work, and you're all finished!
About the Video
Mustang Airaid Cold Air Intake Installation (11-14 3.7L V6)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2013-10-24
Ford delivers a complete new style of performance with the release of the 2011, 2012, 2013 3.7L V6 Mustang. This aggressive sport coupe features an all-aluminum 305HP engine completely redesigned to produce unmatched power and efficiency. With the release of this new mustang, Airaid Filter Company seized the opportunity and designed their newest MXP Series intake system.
This MXP Series Cold Air Intake features a complete one-piece cold air box featuring a blade style weather strip that keeps the engine heat away from the filter. Airaid's 1100-CFM washable & reusable high flow premium filter consists of a urethane body that won't crack or shrink and is available in either oiled or non-oiled filtration technology. The AIRAID Intake kit also comes with a rotational molded intake tube that is specially designed to maximize airflow and all the necessary hardware, and Easy-To-Read installation instructions.
Features Include :
• Increased Horsepower by 13
• Increased Torque by 15 LB/ft
• No Aftermarket Tuning Required
• Large MXP Cold Air Box Isolates the Engine Heat Away From the Air Inlet
• Lifetime Warranty SynthaMax (No Oil) or SynthaMax (Composite) Filtration
• Washable and Reusable Filter Never Needs Replacing
• Works With OE Air Inlet Scoop
• Installs in Minutes with Ordinary Hand Tools
• Comes with AIRAID's Exclusive "No-Hassle" Warranty