How To Install Mustang Hood Strut Kit (15-17)
Last Updated 10/13/2020 by Taylor Ward
How To Install SVE Hood Strut Kit
- 10mm & 13mm Socket
- Socket Wrench
- Start by having the hood up and held up by the prop rod.
- Remove the fender bolt closest to the firewall with a 10mm socket.
- The bracket labeled "RH" is for the passenger side.
- Place the lower mount with the ball mount facing towards the engine
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt, and tighten it down
- Loosen the front hood hinge with a 13mm socket
- Remove the windshield wiper fluid tube pin.
- Slide your upper mount into place.
- Reinstall the windshield washer fluid tube.
- Make sure the mount is properly aligned.
- Tighten down the 13mm bolt.
- Attach the strut to the bottom mount.
- Attach the strut to the top mount.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Test for operation, and you're all done.
About the Video
Mustang SVE Hood Strut Kit Install (15-16)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2016-06-29
Get rid of the annoying prop rod on your 2015-2016 Mustang and replace it with our black SVE hood struts! These high quality hood lift supports are installed easily in under 20 minutes thanks to the no drill design!
The hood struts re-use the existing factory hardware so there's no trips to the hardware store necessary. The heavy duty brackets included in the kit are painted black to match the black hood struts and will look great under the hood of your S550 Mustang!
Mustang Fitment: 2015 (15), 2016 (16), works with your stock, or Cervini hoods.