AIRAID Cold Air Intake Kit
Airaid cold air intake systems are specifically designed to take full advantage of today's high performance Mustang technology, thereby increasing the coyote 5.0L engine efficiency and horsepower output. Their unique inlet and filter combination is substantially less restrictive when compared to OEM-type air boxes. As a result, it drastically improves airflow by up to twenty percent and power by as much as 11hp & 11ft-lbs of torque.
Airaid's specially designed roto-molded air box protects the open filter from engine heat and inclement weather. The included filter is washable and reusable, as well as Late Model Restoration sells an applicable kit available with a blue filter.
This Airaid cold air kit does not require a tune when you use the MVT tube that is included. If the MVT tube is removed then a custom tune will be required.
- Socket Set
- Socket Wrench
- Allen Wrenches
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Loosen the hose clamp securing the factory intake tube to the throttle body.
- Disconnect the sound tube from the air intake tube with a pair of pliers.
- Carefully depress the hose lock tabs, and disconnect the crank case breather line
- Remove the factory intake tube.
- Disconnect the MAF(Mass Air Flow) sensor.
- Separate the sound tube from the air box lid.
- Remove the 10mm bolt securing the air box to the fender and remove the air box from the car.
- Install the grommets and fittings into their respected areas on the Airaid intake tube.
- Remove the MAF sensor from the factory air box.
- Slide the Modular Venturi Tube into the Airaid intake tube.
- Install the the MAF sensor into the intake tube using the two provided screws.
- Install the filter adapter using the three provided button-head bolts, and flat washers in the Airaid air box.
- Locate and remove the two lower air box mounting grommets, and install them in the inner fender.
- Remove the upper air box mounting grommet and steel sleeve, and re-install into the Airaid air box.
- Install the included hose coupler onto the filter adapter using the provided hose clamps. (Leave these loose for now.)
- Transfer the sound tube mount from the factory air box to the Airaid air box.
- Position the Airaid airbox into the car and align it with the two grommets located in the inner fender.
- Re-tighten the previously removed 10mm bolt.
- Install the silicone reducer and hose clamps on the the throttle body.
- Install the Airaid intake tube in-between the throttle body and air box.
- Tighten the hose clamps.
- Reconnect the sound tube and vacuum lines.
- Install the Airaid filter and reconnect the MAF sensor.
- Re-install the sound tube into the mount located on the air box.
- Install the weatherstrip onto the Airaid air box.
- Reinstall the engine cover and reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Double check your work, and you're all done!