If you are looking to bolt on more horsepower and torque to your Coyote Motor, this 2015-2017 Mustang GT Steeda ProFlow cold air intake is just what you need! The high-velocity cold air intake allows your engine to bring in more air, which frees up more power! Steeda offers two different versions of this cold air intake. With part number ST-5553194, the cold air intake requires a tune. With part number ST-5553193, the cold air intake does not require a tune. Be sure to pick the correct one, because installing the one that requires a tune could cause engine issues if you do not use a tune on your S550.
That being said, with the addition of a tune, Steeda saw an improvement of 30rwhp and 23 ft/lb of torque from the ProFlow intake!
- Flat Head
- 1/4" Ratchet
- 5/16" Allen Wrench
- 7/16" Allen Wrench
- 6mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torx T20
- Begin by removing the engine cover.
- Loosen the hose clamp, securing the intake tube to the throttle body.
- Also, disconnect the hoses for the sound tube and PCV system.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the mass air flow sensor. Then, using a pair of pliers, remove the tree clip from the air box.
- Unbolt the lower half of the airbox from the fender. Then pull the intake tube off of the throttle body. Next pull gently up on the air box and remove the entire assembly in one piece.
- Remove the rubber grommet from the bottom of the air box and insert it into the fender where it was originally located. Install the aluminum barbed stub onto the air box.
- Attach the velocity stack to the air box and tighten the four bolts.
- Install the CAI restrictor onto the velocity stack if you are not tuning the vehicle! Failure to complete this step can cause serious engine damage.
- Install the new air filter and tighten the clamp
- Install the weather stripping all the around the air box
- The factory cold air feed duct must be modified before transferring it to the Steeda air box.
- You can make a mark approximately an 1/8"from the air feed duct. We are using an air saw to remove the resonator.
- Insert the provided large plug into the open hole. Install the modified air duct onto the Steeda air box.
- Install the new assembly into the vehicle. Be sure to insert the barbed stud into the grommet that was placed back in the fender.
- Install the provided mm bolt and washer into the rear mounting hole of the air box.
- Install the PCV adapter onto the intake tube.
- Install the other PCV adapters. Install the silicon sleeve onto the MAF sensor housing and loosely tighten the clamps.
- Connect the PCV hoses to the adapters.
- Install the sound tube and clamp. If you do not want the sound tube you can install the supplied 1" cap and hose clamp. Reconnect the mass air flow sensor and push the wire harness into the hole of the air box.
- Reinstall the engine cover to complete the installation.