Fast, Free Shipping on orders over $99. Details
Ford Performance: Performance Crate Engine Limited Warranty
Warranty Contact Info:
If you have a warranty concern or question, please contact Ford Performance directly via phone at (800) 3676-3788 or via email at email@example.com.
PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY
Ford Performance warrants for 24 months or
24,000 miles / 40,000 kilometers, whichever
occurs first subsequent to the original retail
purchase, that it will repair or replace, at its
option, any Ford Performance engine part that,
after inspection, is found to have failed due to a
defect in factory-supplied material or
workmanship. Ford Performance may use new
or remanufactured parts for replacement. This
limited warranty is valid for the original retail
purchaser and is transferable to subsequent
Covered engine parts include the engine block and
cylinder heads, all internally lubricated parts of the
engine, including pistons, piston rings, piston pins,
crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and
rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings,
timing chain, timing chain gears, intake and exhaust
valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker
arms, valve lash adjusters, hydraulic lifters and valve
stem seals, to the extent that the original engine
contains the referenced warranted part. Parts that
require normal manufacturers recommended
replacement intervals are not covered under this
In the Province of Quebec, none of the limitations
and exclusions below will exclude or restrict the
warranty provided for in Sections 37 and 38 of the
Quebec Consumer Protection Act. This warranty
does not preclude the operation of any other
provincial statute, which in certain circumstances
may not allow some of the limitations and exclusions
described in this warranty.
To the extent allowed by law, loss of time,
inconvenience, loss of the use of the vehicle,
commercial loss and incidental and consequential
damages are not covered. There is no other
express or implied warranty on these Ford
Performance engines including, but not limited to,
any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for
a particular purpose.
This engine warranty does not cover:
- Sealed racing engines and other high-performance engines with mechanical lifter camshafts.
- Parts which are replaced as part of normal maintenance.
- Engine installation or removal costs.
- Damage due to improper engine installation, negligence, alteration or accident, including use related to competition racing, marine or motorcycle
applications or for other non-vehicle usage.
- Damage due to addition of power adders such as superchargers, turbochargers or nitrous oxide.
- Engines where the vehicle odometer has been disconnected or the mileage has been altered.
- Damage caused by lack of proper maintenance, failure to follow maintenance schedule intervals or failure to use or maintain proper type and levels of fluids, fuel, oil and lubricants, including accelerated wear from contaminated oil or fuel wash.
- Damage due to engine overheating or oil starvation.
- Damage resulting from improper engine tuning including, piston skirt scuffing, damage indicated by head gaskets exhibiting burned or crushed fire
ring(s), or damage caused by improper combustion, detonation or pre-ignition, as indicated by melted, broken or eroded pistons.
- Damage resulting from improper transmission installation, including crankshaft thrust bearing damage on transmission side only.
- Damage caused by foreign objects dropped or drawn into cylinders or the crankcase.
- Towing, shipping, rental vehicles, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use or other economic loss to the extent allowed by law, except in the Province of Quebec where reasonable costs of towing and shipping are covered.
- Ford Performance engines installed in vehicles registered and/or normally operated outside the United States or Canada.
Proof of proper maintenance is the owner’s responsibility. Keep all maintenance receipts and be prepared to make them available.
To obtain warranty repair or replacement, please
contact the Ford Performance Call Center at
(800) 367-3788, International 01 (313) 621-0771,
firstname.lastname@example.org, or PO Box 490, Dearborn, MI