Powered by Mustang Enthusiasts - Call Now (866) 507-3786

Mustang Caster Camber Plates

If you added lowering springs to your Mustang you are going to need a set of Mustang caster camber plates. These plates install on top of your shock tower to properly align your front suspension after lowering your 'Stang. After installing lowering springs, your front wheels will have to be realigned to prevent uneven tire wear. A set of caster camber plates give you more adjustability to dial in your suspension. We offer a variety of Mustang caster camber plates for Fox Body, SN-95, New Edge, S197, and S550 Mustangs. Choose from top brands such as SVE, BBK, J&M, Maximum Motorsports, and Ford Racing. Improperly aligned tires can cause your Mustang to pull to one side while driving and cause your tires to wear unevenly. Pick up a set at Late Model Restoration and get your suspension performing better than ever!

These Mustang Caster/Camber Plates Fit: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Mustangs.

Mustang Caster Camber Plates Tech Info

Caster angle is the angular displacement from the vertical axis of the suspension of a steered wheel in a Mustang, measured in the longitudinal direction. It is the angle between the pivot line (in a Mustang - an imaginary line that runs through the center of the upper ball joint to the center of the lower ball joint) and vertical. Mustang racers sometimes adjust caster angle to optimize their Mustang's handling characteristics in particular driving situations.

Camber angle is the angle made by the steering wheel of your Mustang; specifically, it is the angle between the vertical axis of the wheel and the vertical axis of the Mustang when viewed from the front or rear. It is used in the design of steering and suspension. If the top of the wheel is farther out than the bottom (that is, away from the axle), it is called positive camber; if the bottom of the wheel is farther out than the top, it is called negative camber.