FAST, FREE SHIPPING OVER *$99
Paxton Warranty - LMR.com
Warranty Contact Info:Paxton Automotive, the original centrifugal supercharger company, and Vortech Engineering, the leader in centrifugal supercharging technology have come together to bring you over 85 years combined of designing and manufacturing the most advanced, efficient, and reliable superchargers available to date. Proudly made in the USA. If you have a warranty concern or question, please contact us via phone at (254) 296-6500 or via email at email@example.com.
Vortech WarrantyVORTECH PRODUCED STREET LEGAL SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS LIMITED WARRANTIES
- THREE YEARS ON STREET LEGAL SUPERCHARGERS IN ENGINE OILFED, NON V-3 TYPE SYSTEMS
- ONE YEAR ON MOST OTHER SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Vortech warrants to You that the superchargers included by Vortech in its street legal supercharger systems listed on its current Vortech Engineering Application guide will be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the bearings, gears, gearcase, impeller and volute for three years after the date of Your purchase of the system. The balance of the system, excluding fuel system and other Forcepower parts, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year after the date of Your purchase of the system.
The following requirements apply to this warranty:» You must be the original purchaser of the Street Legal Supercharger System.
» You must reside and use the Vortech product within the United States or Canada.
» The supercharger may not have been altered, disassembled, or modified in any way.
» The supercharger drive pulley must not be changed and the original pulley seal must be intact.
» The original Vortech serial number tag must not be removed, altered or replaced.
» You must change the engine oil and oil filter at least every 3,000 miles, using a minimum SH rated oil or synthetic lubricant, regardless of the vehicle, filter or oil manufacturer’s recommendations for oil change intervals (engine oil-fed, non V-3 type units only).
» You must remove, inspect and clean the oil inlet fitting to the supercharger every 12,000 miles (engine oil-fed, non V-3 type units only).
» You must change the supercharger fluid at least every 7,500 miles using only Vortech supplied lubricating fluid (self-lubricated V-3 type units only)
VORTECH INDIVIDUAL SUPERCHARGERS
Vortech warrants to You that Vortech’s individual non-heavy duty supercharger, including those used by other companies in their own supercharger kits or systems, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the bearings, gears, gearcase, impeller and volute for one year after the date of your purchase of that supercharger.
- ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGERS
Vortech warrants to you that the Vortech V-3 (Self-lubricated) Supercharger (“Product”) is free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase by Buyer, and regardless of the mileage accrued on the Product in the year from the date of purchase (V-3 only: when Product is purchased in a street legal supercharger system, an additional extended term warranty for up to three years and subject to the same conditions herein may be purchased for an additional sum. Please see your Vortech representative for further details).
- ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
SUPERCHARGER UPGRADES, MAJOR REPAIRS, AND MINOR REPAIRS
Vortech warrants to You that Vortech superchargers that are upgraded or receive a major or minor repair by Vortech (“Vortech Modified”) will operate as designed or intended by Vortech and be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the gears, gearcase, impeller and volute for six months after the earlier of the date the Vortech Modified supercharger is received by you from Vortech, or five (5) days after Vortech shipped the Vortech Modified supercharger back to You. This warranty runs concurrently with the supercharger’s original purchaser warranty. This means the six month warranty does not extend the original warranty period for the supercharger or supercharger system, whichever is applicable.
- SIX MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY
VORTECH COMPUTER MODULE, HAND HELD FLASH PROGRAMMER, AND HALTECH F5 COMPUTER
Vortech warrants to You that the Vortech Computer Module, Hand Held Flash Programmer and Haltech F5 Fuel Computer unit will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year after the date of Your purchase.
- ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Crane Electronics, MSD Electronic Components, MAF signal massagers and other electronic components and parts produced by third parties are warranted and serviced exclusively by their respective manufacturers and must be returned to them for any warranty consideration.
Vortech warrants to You that Forcepower Parts sold by Vortech under the Vortech brand name will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ninety days after the date of Your purchase of that Forcepower Part Forcepower parts are the following, as well as any additions that may be added to the Forcepower line:
- NINETY DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
- Fuel pumps
- Powercooler systems
- Oil feed and oil drain components
- Air valves
- Fuel rails
- Mounting components
- Intake manifolds
- Supercharger drive pulleys and components
- Mass air flow units
- Fuel management units
- Idler pulleys
- Fuel filters
- Air inlet and discharge systems
- Power pulley packs
THE FOLLOWING WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ALL VORTECH LIMITED WARRANTIESVortech’s limited warranties do not cover any of the following damages or items:
- damages to and/or failure of any non-Vortech component or equipment on a vehicle including but not limited to the engine, electrical system, transmission and differentials;
- damage caused by Acts of God, normal wear and tear, or damage to a vehicle or engine caused by backfire tuning by others, collision and/or engine failure;
- any costs incurred for towing or downtime of the vehicle;
- any labor costs to diagnose problems or to remove or replace the Vortech products; or
- any damage caused by the use of another company’s fittings or pulleys.
- The following non-Vortech occurrences uses and modifications are considered misuse of the Vortech product and invalidate all Vortech warranties:
- Any disassembly or attempted disassembly of any Forcepower parts.
- Any disassembly or attempted disassembly of a supercharger, volute, gearcase or other components.
- Damage resulting from ingestion of debris by the supercharger.
- Improper supercharger installation.
- Improper drive pulley/belt combination on the supercharger.
- Excess belt tension on the supercharger belt drive.
- Over spinning the supercharger.
- Restricted or blocked supercharger air intake resulting in excessive negative pressure at the air inlet.
- Damage due to improper supercharger sizing and compressor surge, or by tuning.
- Free revving of the engine with the belt driving the supercharger in place.
- Improper size, installation, adjustment or lack of a bypass valve.
- Restricted, or lack of, oil supply to the supercharger.
- Improper installation of, or blocked or restricted, oil drain line (non V-3 type units).
- Supercharger gearcase fluid overfill (self-lubricated V-3 type units only).
- Excessive engine crankcase pressures.
- Subjecting any Vortech supercharger to a "cold start-up" condition (below 25" F) without the use of an engine block heater/aftermarket engine blanket.
- Dirty or contaminated engine oil.
- Improper supercharger fluid change interval.
- Removing or defacing the original Vortech serial number tag.
The duration of any and all implied warranties is limited to the duration of this express warranty. All incidental and consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to You. This warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may have other rights that vary from state to state.
EXTENT OF WARRANTY - ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF AND THE WARRANTY DESCRIBED HEREIN SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Your sole remedy for the above warranties is the repair or replacement of the defective product at Vortech's sole discretion
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURESIf a Vortech product is within the warranty period and You wish to make a claim, please follow the following procedure
1. Call Vortech at (805) 247-0226, ask for the Product Support Department and have the following information available:
2. Vortech will then offer suggestions to help You in troubleshooting or will issue a return authorization (R A) number to return the product for warranty evaluation.
- Serial number of the supercharger (if applicable).
- Copy of original invoice on which the product was purchased (must be dated and show retail store name) » Year, make, model, vehicle mileage and engine specifications of the vehicle
- Number of miles on the Vortech product » Description of the problem.
3. If You have been issued an R A number, You must 'safety package" each product, which means You must plug or seal all oil and air openings, place the properly plugged and sealed product(s) within a shipping box strong enough to hold the weight of the product(s) and to maintain its shape during shipping with adequate packaging material so that the product(s) will not hit other product(s), component(s), or the side of the box during shipping You may want to use a professional shipping company Clearly mark the R A number in large (approximately 2") alphanumeric characters in two locations on the outside of the box with a bold marker.
4. Include in the shipping box the following items:
5. Issuance of an RA does not mean that the Vortech Product will be covered by one or more of the Vortech limited warranties. If the Vortech product is not covered by a warranty, then You will be charged, and You agree to pay, the minimum inspection charge plus any charges of repair or replacement authorized by You orally or in writing. 6. Ship the properly safety packaged and marked box via United Parcel Service (800) 742-5877, www.ups.com, or other carrier, prepaid and insured for the retail value of the product being returned to:
- Serial number of the supercharger (if applicable).
- Copy of original invoice on which the product was purchased (must be dated and show retail store name).
- Year, make, model, vehicle mileage and engine specifications of the vehicle.
- Number of miles on the Vortech product.
- Description of the problem you observed.
- Return authorization number (R.A.).
- Address to which the product is to be shipped after inspection.
Vortech Engineering, Inc.
Product Support Department
1650 Pacific Ave.
Channel Islands, CA 93033
If a Vortech limited warranty applies, Your product will be repaired or replaced at Vortech's option and returned to You, freight prepaid (excluding any international taxes, tariffs, customs and/or duties which must be paid by You), via UPS ground service If a Vortech limited warranty does not apply, we will advise You of the reason for denial and explain the costs involved in repair or replacement of the Vortech product. After relaying this information Vortech will, at Your option, either proceed with the repairs as quoted or return the Vortech product(s) in the condition it/they are in at the time of inspection of the warranty evaluation by Vortech. If the warranty does not apply and You do not want Vortech to repair or replace the Vortech product, You will still be charged a disassembly and inspection charge for the product and the product will be returned UPS COD, insured for the new retail replacement value. This means You must pay any disassembly and/or inspection charges, return shipping, and insurance charges to UPS before the Vortech product will be returned. The minimum supercharger inspection charge is $100. The minimum charge for all other product inspection is $25.
Most Vortech supercharger systems are designed to meet CARB requirements for classification as 50 state legal. Street legal certification can be a lengthy process, and systems are sometimes sold by Vortech before 50-state legal classification is granted Contact Vortech directly to confirm the current classification of Your System. The installation of Vortech products except those identified for racing use only" or that "may not be legal for use on public roads', do not void the new vehicle warranty nor should they cause the vehicle to fail an emissions test Notify the vehicle manufacturer if either of these events occurs. If the vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, You may contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. Additional information is available at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) website at www.sema.org.
PERFORMANCE CONSUMER'S BILL OF RIGHTS