How To Install Mustang Valve Cover Coil Covers (2011-22)
Give your 5.0 Mustang, GT500, or GT350 engine a customized appearance with a new coil cover! Follow this article for a thorough install guide!
HOW TO INSTALL 2011-22 VALVE COVER COIL COVERS
- Pop the hood and locate your coil covers.
- On the passenger side, release the tab on the PCV connection and rotate it out of the way
- Remove the oil fill cap and pull up on the coil cover to remove it from the valve cover.
- Pull up on the coilover to disengage the coil cover from the ball studs.
- On the driver side, release the tab on the PCV connection and place it out of the way, then pull the coil cover up to remove it from the valve cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you install coil covers on 2018-Current Gen 3 Coyote engines?
- Due to the high-pressure pump and design of the valve covers, coil covers will not work on the dual injection Gen 3 coyote engines.
What models can I add coil covers to?
- Gen 1 and Gen 2 coyotes, including both the Mustang and F150 variant, can have coil covers installed onto the valve covers. F150 variants will not have the ball sockets for the mounting pre-installed to the valve cover.
Can the GT, GT500, and GT350 coil covers be interchanged?
- Yes, they can! You can put the black GT350/GT500 valve covers on the GT and any GT coil cover on the GT350/GT500!