2005-14 S197 Front And Rear Seat Removal
Removing the seats on your S197 can be needed from time to time. This includes basic maintenance, carpet installation, or even suspension removal steps. Follow along, and we will walk you through this simple process for all 2005-2014 Mustang Coupe/Hardtop models.
- 3/8" Socket Set w/ Extensions
- Cleaning Supplies (Vacuum)
- Pry Tool Set
Seat Removal Steps
- Go ahead and begin by sliding the driver's seat all the way back. Loosen and remove the two frontward bolts.
- Slide the seat forward. Push the bolt cover towards the rear to dislodge the clip. Do the same for the other cover.
- Loosen and remove the bolts.
- Return the seat to a center position on the track. Repete these same steps for the other side.
- Remove the negative battery cable if the seats are equipped with airbags.
- Lift up on the seat and disconnect the electrical connections
- Carefully remove both seats from the car.
- To remove the rear seat bottom, lift up the upholstery and locate the release tab. Use your finger or a pry tool to dislodge the clip and lift the seat. Do the same for the other clip, and remove the car's rear seat bottom.
- Locate the outboard retaining bolt on the rear seat back. Locate the outboard retaining bolt on the rear seat back.
- Pull the seat release and then slide the seat off of the pivot bracket to remove it. Repeat these same steps for the other side. With the seats out of the car, this is a good time to vacuum everything and clean up your car!
- To reinstall the seats, reverse the removal steps
Alright, people, that’s going to wrap things up. As always, I hope you find great value in our videos, and more importantly, we hope you appreciate our commitment to the S197 Mustang. Until next time, for all things Mustang and Lightning, keep it right here with the real enthusiasts, LMR.com.