How To Remove/Install Rear License Plate Bracket | 1993-95 Lightning
Last Updated 1/19/2021 by Taylor Ward
93 95 lightning
Lightning License Plate Bracket Removal & Installation
- Remove license plate bulbs by turning these counter-clockwise and remove these from the housing.
- Remove both of the lower retaining bolts from the bracket to the bumper. These will both be a ½” bolt.
- Remove both of the 8mm Allen bolts on the bumper tubes. Pull in on both of the top side of the brackets to release this from the recessed area of the bumper tube.
- Take this time to thoroughly clean the bumper before reinstallation.
- Insert the new bracket from the bottom side and loosely tighten both of the bottom bolts.
- Next, slide in the new spacers between the bracket and the bumper tubes on both sides. Loosely tighten both of the Allen bolts.
- Make sure that the bracket and the spacers are aligned up properly then you can fully tighten both the Allen bolts and the lower bolts to the bumper.
- Remove your factory license plate light receptacles and transfer these over to the new bracket. You can also pick up a new set of these if you need them, check out our product page for more info. (Our license plate lenses LTP-13550A-K had excessive casting flash, we had to file this flash off before we could fully install)
- Reinstall the license plate light bulbs and then you are all done!
Lightning Rear License Plate Bracket Kit & Accessories
About the Video
How To Remove & Install Lightning Rear License Plate Bracket (93-95)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2020-10-28
Buy Rear License Plate Bracket: http://latemodelres.to/17835-K_YouTube
Follow along as Landan walks you through the removal and install process of the Lightning Rear License Plate Bracket, designed for 1993 to 1995 Gen 1 Ford Lightnings
#LMR #Lightning #Install
Use of this video is subject to the terms as set forth in our LMR Install Video Disclaimer | https://lmr.com/page/lmr-install-video-disclaimer