Important Installation Instructions
All brake pads require a burnishing or bedding-in procedure in order to achieve optimal performance and durability. Follow the steps bellow to properly bed your new brake pads.
Bed-in / Burnishing Instructions:
1. After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
2. Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
3. Do NOT drag your brake pedal!
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
5. After Step 4 is completed, your new brake pads are ready for use.
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
LMR breaks down what each HAWK Performance Brake pad is specifically designed for. We guide you along, with this infographic, to help you understand the differences of each performance compound levels, to instill confidence in your purchase. Find out which pad suites your needs and pick up the brake pads your Mustang i... more
Posted on 4/12/2019
Bedding in your brake pads and rotors is an essential task that is required for proper braking performance and longevity. Follow along with the article below, and we will walk you through these how-to steps. more
Posted on 8/17/2022