1990-1993 Horn Button Removal And Installation
Date Created: 5/26/2022
Last Updated: 5/26/2022
The original switch contacts in the 1990-1993 steering wheel were prone to failure and cause the horn to become inoperative. Follow along and we will walk you through these easy steps to install a new set in your Mustang.
79 93 mustang
How To Install Mustang Horn Buttons (1990-1993)
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Small Flat Head Screwdriver
- 1/4" Socket Wrench
- 3/8" Socket Wrench
- 1/4" 10mm Deep Socket/li>
- To begin installation, remove the negative battery cable.
- Loosen and remove the two Phillips head screws securing the upper and lower steering column trim.
- Remove the four 10mm bolts securing the air bag assembly to the steering wheel.
- Carefully pry out the air bag and disconnect the airbag electrical connection.
- Carefully pry apart the plastic wire cover.
- Disconnect both horn buttons from the main electrical harness.
- Carefully pry up on both horn buttons and remove them from the factory steering wheel.
- Carefully slide the new horn buttons into place and then reverse the previous procedures.
- Check over your work and you are all done!