Adding some serious styling to the exterior of your Mustang LX can easily be accomplished with the help of a SVE Chin Spoiler. This Mach 1 chin spoiler will easily install on your 87-93 Mustang LX front bumper with very minor modification. Installation can be done in your driveway with simple hand tools. Best of all this installation is very affordable thanks to LatemodelResto’s great prices and FREE SHIPPING!!
Click here to buy one of these Mach 1 Chin Spoilers: SVE Chin Spoiler
Give the exterior of your Fox Body Mustang a new look. Follow along in the how to instructions below. Thanks to Lue Creative for the pictures!!
- Jack stands
- Tape measurer
- Dry erase marker
- Drill and Drillbit
- Small hand saw
Fox Body LX Chin Spoiler Installation:
- Measure to the center of the stock Fox Body bumper and mark with dry erase marker.
- Remove both front tires. Use jack stands to support the front of the vehicle.
- Mock the front of the chin spoiler up with masking tape and mark the mounting holes with the dry erase marker.
- Start by drilling the center mounting hole and add the first fastener.
- Proceed with drilling and mounting by alternating the holes left and right of the center until the curve is reached.
- Use the hand saw to cut three triangular notches in the curves on either side of the chin spoiler. This gives the Chin Spoiler flexibility to match the curve of your fox bumper.
- Finish drilling and mounting hardware.
- Mark a cutting line on the ends of the chin spoiler that follow the contour of the fender line to trim the excess(around 4 inches on either end).
- Cut the excess off.
- Remount front wheels
- Lower your Mustang back down and check fitment and adjust as needed.
- Roll out in style!