Fox Body Mustang LX Chin Spoiler Installation
Created by Jay Walling
Last Updated 1/11/2022
Follow along as we show you how to install an SVE chin spoiler on your Fox Body Mustang LX!
79 93 mustang
Adding some serious styling to the exterior of your Mustang LX can easily be accomplished with the help of an SVE Chin Spoiler. This Mach 1 chin spoiler will easily install on your 87-93 Mustang LX front bumper with minor modification. Installation can be done in your driveway with simple hand tools. Best of all, this installation is very affordable thanks to LatemodelResto’s great prices and FREE SHIPPING!!
Click here to buy one of these Mach 1 Chin Spoilers: SVE Chin Spoiler
Give the exterior of your Fox Body Mustang an enhanced look. Follow along in the how-to instructions below. Thanks to Lue Creative for the pictures!
- Jack stands
- Tape measurer
- Dry erase marker
- Drill and Drillbit set
- Small hand saw
Fox Body LX Chin Spoiler Installation:
- Measure to the center of the stock Fox Body bumper and mark with dry erase marker.
- Remove both front wheels and tires. Use jack stands to safely support the front end of the vehicle.
- Mock the front of the chin spoiler up with masking tape and mark the mounting holes with the dry erase marker.
- Start by carefully drilling the center mounting hole and add the first fastener.
- Proceed with drilling and mounting by alternating the holes left and right of the center until the curve is reached.
- Use the hand saw to cut three triangular notches in the curves on either side of the chin spoiler. This gives the Chin Spoiler added flexibility to match the curve of your fox bumper.
- Finish drilling and install the remaining mounting hardware.
- Mark a cutting line on the ends of the chin spoiler that follow the contour of the fender line to trim the excess(around 4 inches on either end).
- Cut any excess off of each end.
- Remount front wheels and tires.
- Safely lower your Mustang back down, and check fitment, and adjust as needed.
- Roll out in style!