How To Remove 1987-1993 Mustang Interior Rear Quarter Panel Trim
Last Updated: 10/25/2022
Follow along, and we'll show you how to remove the interior rear quarter panel trim from a 1987 to 1993 Fox Body Mustang coupe.
79 93 mustang
fox body mustang
1979-1993 Interior Rear Quarter Panel Trim Removal
Removing your interior trim panel on your Fox Body Coupe is simple and very easy to do! These are the necessary steps when looking to install some new Coupe Quater Windows! So follow along, and we'll show you how to remove the interior rear quarter panel trim from a 1987 to 1993 Fox Body Mustang coupe.
- Screw Driver
- Torx Bit Set
- Interior Trim Removal Tool
Interior Rear Quarter Trim Panel Removal Process
- Start by removing the seat bottom by pushing in and up on each side of the seat. Remove the (2) lower seat back retaining bolts. Then the seat back easily lifts up and out.
- Locate any and all phillips head retaining screws. Remove each screw that is accessible without removing any additional trim pieces.
- Carefully remove the upper seat belt trim.
- Using a plastic pry tool, dislodge the seat belt opening bezel.
- Loosen and remove the upper T-50 Torx bolt.
- The lower seat belt retaining bolt doesn't have to be removed, but we choose to remove it. This allows you to fully remove the interior rear quarter panel for better work room and to do some cleaning.
- While in that location, remove the rearward scuff plate screw and pass the edge of the interior rear quarter panel from underneath the scuff plate.
- Dislodge the rearward and frontward clips that retain the metal interior trim piece to the car's roof. Be careful when doing this, as these pieces can sometimes bend.
- Now you can remove the hidden Phillips-head screw.
- To expose the last interior rear quarter panel screw, carefully dislodge the rearward metal trim from the roof. Like the pillar trim, this can easily bend, so don't get too crazy. You don't have to completely remove this piece but feel free to do so if you want it completely out of your way.
- Remove the last screw.
- Pass the seat belt through the interior quarter panel's opening and remove it from the car.
- Repeat these steps for the other side. To reinstall the interior rear quarter panel trim, reverse the removal procedure. After that, you're good to go!
As always, we hope this article has given you the value you need. Until next time; y'all know what to do, for all things Fox Mustang; keep it right here with the real enthusiasts, LMR.com!
About the Video
How To Remove Fox Body Mustang Interior Rear Quarter Panel Trim (1987-1993)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2022-10-12
Removing the rear quarter panel trim in your 1987-1993 Fox Body Coupe might seem like a daunting task, but it is actually quite simple. In this video, Landan explains how to properly remove the rear quarter trim from your 1987-1993 Mustang Coupe.