Fox Body Window Regulator Install
Created by Taylor Ward
Last Updated 9/30/2019
17. Once the cleaning is done, pop in the new guide bushings and apply fresh grease to the arm roller guide and inside of the bushings.
18. Before the new regulator is installed, apply grease to the arm roller bushing and bring the window all the way up so that you have room to install the new regulator.
19. Carefully position the new regulator into the door and slide the arm roller into the arm roller guide.
20. Bring the regulator all the way forward and position the tab into the door frame which will hold the regulator in place.
21. Plug in the new window motor and remove the door glass support if used. Ensure that the new regulator and motor work correctly.
22. Before you install the 4 rivets, make sure the run channel bracket isn’t pinched or in a bind with the new regulator.
23. Align the mounting holes and the regulator bracket with the holes in the door frame and install the new rivets.
24. Feed the wire from the new motor through the same spot as the factory wire then roll the window down just before the bump stop makes contact with the door frame.
25. Wipe away any old grease from the guide rod and clean with brake clean, then inspect the rod and lightly scuff the surface. Wipe a 2nd time with brake clean then apply fresh grease.
26. Carefully pry open the door frame and reposition the guide rod and ensure that it passes through both guide bushings and both studs pass through their respective locations in the door frame. Reinstall both nuts and try to realign the washers on these nuts with the existing door frame marks.
27. Roll the window all the way up to expose the run channel bracket and reposition this bracket and reinstall the run channel weather-strip into the bracket.
28. Reinstall the upper and lower bolts and loosely tighten. Again, try to realign the bolts with the existing marks on the door frame.
29. Reconnect the window motor and power mirror electrical connection for the final time.
30. Before the door panel is installed roll the window up and down several times to make sure the glass doesn’t come in contact with any component inside the door.
31. Once this is good to go reinstall the door speaker, door panel, and the rest of the interior components located on the door.
By following these steps, you are sure to be able to install your window regulator on your Fox Body without confusion. Shop with us today to get a high quality replacement regulator for your Fox that will stand the test of time.
79 93 mustang
fox body mustang
Fox Body Window Regulator & Accesories
About the Video
Fox Body Mustang Window Regulator Replacement/Install (80-93)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2019-04-10
5.0 Resto Replacement Window Regulator & Window Motor
If the windows in your 1980-1993 Mustang aren't functioning properly, your window regulator could be to blame. 5.0 Resto has you covered with this direct replacement OE style window regulator, that comes included with a new window motor as well. This window regulator is made from the same OE quality material that is pre-assembled, and built to last! Don't get stuck with your windows down! Replace that old worn out window regulator, and window motor in your 1980-1993 Coupe or Hatchback Mustang with this direct replacement from 5.0 Resto!
This window regulator and window motor DOES NOT fit convertible, or T-Top applications.
-Fits: 1980-1993 Mustang Coupe, and Hatchback
Late Model Restoration LMR SVE 5.0Resto
Due to factors beyond the control of LMR.com, we cannot guarantee against the improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. LMR.com assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. LMR.com recommends safe practices when working on vehicles and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of LMR.com, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not LMR.com.
Always reference the product page for the most up-to-date pricing and information as this can change at any time.