How To Install Fox Body Mustang Dome Light Switch (83-93)
Created by Taylor Ward
Date Created: 10/16/2019
Last Updated: 5/17/2021
Check out our article on how to replace a broken switch for your dome light with this 83-89 Mustang Dome Light Switch.
79 93 mustang
- Open the door to locate the dome light switch in the lower front section of the door jamb on either the driver or passenger side of the car.
- Loosen the switch using a 9/16” socket or wrench.
- Pull the switch out and disconnect it. If the wires are twisted, simply twist them in the opposite direction.
- If a new boot is needed or being installed, this will simply slide over the end of the switch. Then you will align the switch and plug it back into the connector. Push the switch in to give it a test and see if it turns the dome light off.
- When putting the switch back into place, it helps to give the wires 2-3 twists before pushing them back through. Get the switch started by hand first, then tighten the switch with the 9/16” socket or wrench, and your job is complete.
Shop Our Dome Light Switch Below!
About the Video
Fox Body Mustang Dome Light Switch Install (1983-1993)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2019-03-21
Replace a broken switch for your dome light with this 83-89 Mustang Dome Light Switch. This is the push-button switch that mounts in the front door jamb area near the door hinge and turns your interior dome light on when the door is opened. It will fit both driver and passenger side doors on your 1983-93 Mustang.
It's becoming more common now that the 1983-1993 Fox Body Mustang parts are going bad due to age and excessive use. LatemodelRestoration.com has a complete line of switches to help you with your Fox Body Mustang Restoration and keep your Mustang working right.
Fits 1983-1993 Mustang
Item #: LRS-13713A