1987-93 Mustang LX Grille Bar Eliminator Installation Instructions
Posted 12/22/2016 by Tyler Rodriquez
79 93 mustang
-Plastic Cutting Saw
-¼” Drill Bit
1. Near the grille area, Apply a layer of masking tape to bumper cover to protect
2. Remove the factory grille bar by cutting with a body saw or other equivalent cutting
tool suitable for cutting plastic parts.
3. Clearance the headlight reinforcement panel behind the Grille opening for proper
4. Trial fit grille delete panel to the bumper cover making note of the areas that might
need additional clearance to achieve desired fitment.
5. Once desired fitment is obtained, Use the delete panel to properly locate the position
of the push pin retainer holes. Hold the panel firmly in place and mark the location of
the push pin hole location on the bumper cover. Remove the panel and use a 1/4" drill
to drill the retainer holes.
6. Once panel is mocked up and desired fitment is confirmed, It is time to prep and paint
the grille delete panel.
7. Once panel is prepped and painted, thoroughly clean the surface of the bumper cover
where the double sided tape will adhere. Use a quality wax and grease remover or a
isopropyl alcohol to remove any traces of oil and grease from the mating surface.
Once the surface is dry, apply the supplied adhesive promoter to the mating surface of
the bumper cover and allow time to dry. Remove the protective strip of the tape to
expose the adhesive. Line up the retainer holes using the supplied push pins and
firmly press the tape onto the bumper cover. Go over entire surface of tape strip to
make sure proper bond is achieved.
LMR Highly recommends the installation of this product by a qualified body shop.
Failure to follow instructions can cause improper adhesion of double sided tape
which can result in the potential loss of product from vehicle. Part must be
installed in an environment that has a temperature of 70 degrees F or above.
Temperatures below 70 degrees can cause insufficient adhesion characteristics.