How To Remove SN95/New Edge Dash Panel | 1994-04 Mustang
Created by Taylor Ward
Date Created: 12/4/2020
Last Updated: 5/17/2021
Check out LMR's SN95/New Edge Dash Panel removal for 1994-04 Mustangs. Shop Late Model Restoration for all of your Mustang's interior parts today!
94 04 mustang
Additional Resources To Help
94-04 Mustang Dash Panel Removal
- Start by popping the hood and disconnecting the battery.
- Jack up the driver's side front corner and disconnect the main bulkhead connector.You will need to peel back the inner splash shield slightly to gain access to this connection.This connector is held in place by a 10mm bolt in the center on the engine side.Fully loosen this bolt and then you can pull this apart.
- Once you have the seats and the center console out, let's start at the upper dash trim located by the windshield. As you can see in the video, we do have the windshield removed currently from the car. The steps we will show will work with the windshield still in place.
- Using a flat-bladed screwdriver, slowly work your way around this trim piece and remove it from the vehicle.
- Once you have this off, you will be able to locate the three 8mm bolts on the upper edge. Now you can remove these from the dash.
- Now we will move to the driver's side of the dash. Remove the lower trim panel underneath the steering column.
- Next on the lower edge next to the hood release, you will find the first bolt to remove.
- Moving into the area where the lower trim panel was, there will be an 8mm bolt that needs to come out here.
- Disconnect all electrical connections under the dash in the kick panel area.
- We chose to leave the steering column in place, this will make the dash heavier when you pull it away, but believe me, this will make the removal and reinstallation easier overall. Mark your lower column to the steering shaft with a paint pen just in case so you can make sure this goes back in the same position.
- Pull the bolt out of the shaft and then you can separate the shaft from the column.
- Now let’s move to the center dash area of the removal. Starting on the lower edge of each side of the dash you will find four 8mm bolts, there will be two on each side. Remove these from the car.
- We opted to remove the radio and the center dash bezel as well here. Starting on the lower edge of the bezel, carefully pull and release the tabs, slowly work your way around this bezel until it is free from the dash.
- Once you have this one free you can disconnect the three connections on the switches.
- On the radio, this will be held in place by two screws on the bottom edge. Once these are removed, pull the radio out and disconnect all the electrical from the backside.
- Remove the A/C controls from the dash
- Moving over to the passenger side, open the glove box and drop this down. You will push in on each release tab on each side to drop this out of place.
- Now you can access the bolt in this area, this will also be an 8mm.
- Moving down on the kick panel area, disconnect all of the electrical connections on this side as well.
- The last bolt will be on the lower edge next to the door jam. Once this is free the dash will move so be careful here.
- Grab a buddy to help you hold onto the driver's side of the dash and remove this bolt. Now that the dash is free, you will need to pull it out as far as you can.
- Disconnect any leftover electrical connections on each side.
- On the passenger side, you will need to disconnect the main vacuum harness and the blend door cable as well here.
- The last item we pulled out was the bulkhead connection on the driver's side. This one is held in place by two small tabs on each side of the connector. Use a small flat-bladed screwdriver and release these to separate the connector from the bulkhead.
- Once this is off, the dash should be completely free to pull back.
1994-04 Mustang Interior Parts
About the Video
How To Remove SN95/New Edge Mustang Dash Panel (94-04)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2020-09-24
Shop all 94-04 Interior Parts: http://latemodelres.to/9404InteriorParts_YouTube
Splash Shield Removal: https://youtu.be/OT5qNR80PYY
Front Seat Removal: https://youtu.be/w0r0Q9zO2KE
Center Console Removal: https://youtu.be/JrRtvlEi818
Follow along as Jay walks you through the steps of removing your SN95/New Edge Mustang dash panel!
#LMR #NewEdge #HowTo
Use of this video is subject to the terms as set forth in our LMR Install Video Disclaimer | https://lmr.com/page/lmr-install-video-disclaimer