- Seal Up The Hole In Your Firewall
- Reduces Wear On Cable At The Firewall
- Correct Fit & Finish
- OE Type Rubber Construction
- Completely Seals Off Around The Cable
- For Auto Transmission Cars Only
What's in the Box
- (1) Speedometer Cable Firewall Grommet
This 5.0 Resto Speedometer Cable Grommet slides over the Speedometer Cable & seals off the pass-through hole in the firewall on 1979-1993 Fox Body Mustang with an automatic
transmission. These often rot & fall off on original cables & are not included on new cables.
Installation is quite easy on Mustang Speedometer Cables intended for speed sensors as the small cable end simply slides through. To use on a cable not intended for a speed sensor, the inside hole of the grommet where the cable passes through will need to be carefully enlarged with a razor blade. A non-petroleum based lubricant will need to be applied to the large cable so the end can pass through the grommet.
For manual transmissions use HDW-17260
- Fits 1979-93 Mustang w/ Auto Transmission
5.0 Resto Products Limited Warranty - Click Here