Headlight Switch Repair Kit
- Replaces All Switches Associated With The Headlights
- Corrects Headlight Flickering & Switch Malfunction
- OE Style Replacement Switches
- Fits 1987-89 Mustang GT
- New Replacement Plug Assemblies With Pigtails For Easy Splice In Installation
What's in the Box
- (1) Headlight Switch Assembly
- (1) Turn Signal/Multi Function Switch
- (1) Headlight Switch Connector
- (1) Multi Function Switch Connector
If your headlights are flickering on and off when the fog lights are used for an extended period of time, this could be the problem. This kit is designed to fix that problem often found in 1987-89 GT Mustangs. This problem occurs when the headlight circuit #15 is overheated. Circuit 15 becomes overloaded by using higher wattage than factory bulbs, bad grounds or as the bulbs and switches age. This causes the headlight switch connector to overheat and melt, damaging the connector and switch. The signal/multi-function switch itself also suffers the same fate.
This kit includes:
- Headlight switch
- Headlight and multi-function switch connectors w/ standard gauge wiring
- Turn signal/multi-function blinker switch
- Check to make sure that both headlight harness grounds (located on the top corners of the core support) are in place and have a good connection.
- Verify that the bulbs in your headlights and fog lights are rated to the factory wattage. Using higher wattage bulbs can cause overheating of the circuit #15 wire.
- LMR recommends soldering your connections at the pigtail but a quality insulated butt style crimp connector is also acceptable.
-Fits 1987-1989 Mustang GT
5.0 Resto Products Limited Warranty - Click Here