New Replacement Plug Assemblies With Pigtails For Easy Splice In Installation
What's in the Box
(1) Headlight Switch Assembly
(1) Turn Signal/Multi Function Switch
(1) Headlight Switch Connector
(1) Multi Function Switch Connector
Headlight Switch Repair Kit
If your headlights are flickering on and off when the fog lights are used for an extended period of time, this could be the problem. This kit is designed to fix that problem often found in 1987-89 GT Mustangs. This problem occurs when the headlight circuit #15 is overheated. Circuit 15 becomes overloaded by using higher wattage than factory bulbs, bad grounds or as the bulbs and switches age. This causes the headlight switch connector to overheat and melt, damaging the connector and switch. The signal/multi-function switch itself also suffers the same fate.
This kit includes:
- Headlight switch
- Headlight and multi-function switch connectors w/ standard gauge wiring
- Turn signal/multi-function blinker switch
- Check to make sure that both headlight harness grounds (located on the top corners of the core support) are in place and have a good connection.
- Verify that the bulbs in your headlights and fog lights are rated to the factory wattage. Using higher wattage bulbs can cause overheating of the circuit #15 wire.
- LMR recommends soldering your connections at the pigtail but a quality insulated butt style crimp connector is also acceptable.
50resto - Dedicated To The Preservation Of The Fox Body Mustang
5.0Resto specializes in restoration and specialty parts for 1979-1993 Ford Mustangs. Using years of experience in the late model Mustang restoration and aftermarket industry, 5.0Resto is your source for anything Fox Mustang. While designing, and manufacturing several items such as 5-Lug Conversion Kits, weather stripping components and interior restoration items, 5.0Resto also uses many other name brand suppliers to provide problem solving products directly to the Fox Body Mustang community. As with any part branded as 5.0Resto, they stand behind all of these products to the fullest extent and have tested these products to ensure they live up to the quality and performance you have come to expect!
SVE and 5.0Resto Warranty
One Year Hassle Free Replacement
Products that are manufactured and designed by SVE and 5.0Resto are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. Various products that carry the brand name 5.0Resto or SVE may also have extended warranties offered directly from the manufacturing supplier. If the product you have received was clearly branded as another brand name outside of SVE or 5.0Resto, please contact our customer service team to get the full warranty information on your products.