Prothane Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings
- Replaces Worn Bushings
- Increased Service Life
- Reduces Deflection
- Polyurethane Construction
- Black Finish
- Prothane Quality
What's in the Box
- (2) Forward Front Control Arm Bushings
- (2) Rearward Front Control Arm Bushings
- (4) Bolt Inserts
- (4) Grease Packets
Improve the ride quality and handling of your 1996-2004 Mustang with this front control arm bushing kit! Rubber bushings deteriorate over time. This leads to clunking, pulling, and other suspension problems. Replace your rubber bushings with a set of Prothane polyurethane bushings! Polyurethane is a harder durometer compared to rubber. This reduces bushing deflection, increases service life, and improves steering response over the factory rubber bushings. This kit includes two forward-facing front control arm bushings and the rearward-facing and front control arm bushings to service both front control arms. New control arm bolt inserts, as well as polyurethane grease, are included for a quick and easy installation!
Hydro bushings are usually found in Cobra models but have been found in some GT/V6 applications. You must check your bushings to determine if they are standard bushings or Hydro-bushings. To determine the type of bushings in your front control arms, use a screwdriver to pry on the metal flange of the rearward bushing of the front control arm. If the metal flange is rigid and is one piece with the pressed-in metal shell, you have standard bushings. If the metal flange is movable and independent from the pressed-in metal shell, you have hydro-bushings.
- The suspension bushings included with this part can only be lubricated with PTFE grease, also referred to as "Marine Grease". PTFE grease is a very sticky, opaque grease that is water proof and will not degrade the bushing material. If lubed properly at installation, these bushings will not need to be lubricated again. Use of any other grease on these bushings will cause the bushing to fail and any bushing warranty to be voided.
- The metal shells from the factory bushings may need to be reused for the installation of these bushings.
Prothane Warranty - Click Here