- Restores damaged bushings to new condition
- Improves rear suspension performance
- Polyurethane Construction
- Direct replacement for OEM rubber control arm bushings
What's in the Box
- (1) set Polyurethane bushings for 99-04 Cobra IRS Control Arms
Prothane IRS Rear Control arm bushing set
Your Mustang is built using rubber bushings in control arms, motor mounts, transmission mounts, sway bars, spring isolators, and struts. Rubber bushings are soft and pliable. They offer superior insulation from noise and harshness, but they cost you in performance and durability. Urethane is a harder, more durable substance. When used in suspension components and drivetrain mounts, they provide increased performance due to the lack of deflection as well as increased durability and resistance to contaminating fluids such as oil and transmission fluid. Prothane is dedicated to producing the highest quality urethane components on the market today. All of Prothane's products carry a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Urethane control arm bushings deflect less for better handling and straight-line traction.
- Complete sets include bushings for upper and lower Rear IRS control arms unless otherwise noted.
- Original bushing shells must be re-used unless otherwise noted.
- 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra w/IRS rear suspension
The suspension bushings included with this part can only be lubricated with PTFE grease, also referred to as "Marine Grease". PTFE grease is a very sticky, opaque grease that is water proof and will not degrade the bushing material. If lubed properly at installation, these bushings will not need to be lubricated again. Use of any other grease on these bushings will cause the bushing to fail and any bushing warranty to be voided.
Prothane Warranty - Click Here