How To Remove 1987-1993 Fox Body Mustang Coupe Quarter Windows
Last Updated: 10/25/2022
Removing the coupe quarter windows can be a tedious task. So follow along and we'll walk you through all the steps to get this done!
fox body mustang
79 93 mustang
1987-1993 Coupe Quarter Window Removal
So depending on what you’re doing with your car, there may come a point in time when you need to remove the quarter windows. Now before you remove the quarter window from the car, you will have to remove the interior rear quarter panel first. Now follow along and we'll walk you through the removal process of your Coupe Quarter Windows!
- Phillips Head Screw Driver Set
- Push Pin & Panel Removal Tools
- Plastic Scraper
- 1/4" Socket Set
- Clear Coat Safe Adhesive Remover
- Microfiber Towels
Coupe Quarter Window Removal Process
- With the interior rear quarter panels removed from the car, dislodge the (2) large push pins securing the jute padding to the c-pillar.
- Remove the (7) three-eighths quarter glass retaining nuts.
- To safely remove the existing quarter window, you’ll want to separate the old butyl. This is easily done with a plastic pry tool.
- Work your way around the perimeter of the quarter glass.
- Once all of the old butyl is separated, carefully remove the glass from the car. First bring it towards you, then towards the rear of the car to remove the small tab underneath the roof rail molding.
- Remove the large pieces of old sealer with a plastic scraper.
- Once the bulk of the sealer is gone, use a microfiber towel and a waterless wash solution to remove dirt and debris.
- Be sure and go over the entire area with a prep spray and clean microfiber towel before reinstalling the quarter windows. Repeat these steps for the other side.
- If you’re reinstalling the existing OEM quarter windows; reverse the removal procedure, use the quarter window installation kit available on our website, and do not overtighten the retaining nuts.
- If you’re going to be installing new quarter windows of any kind, please reference the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure proper installation.
After that, you’re good to go! As always, we hope this article has given you the value you need. Until next time; y’all know what to do, for all things Fox Mustang; keep it right here with the real enthusiasts, LMR.com!
About the Video
How To Remove Fox Body Mustang Coupe Quarter Windows (1987-1993)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2022-10-12
Removing the rear quarter windows in your 1987-1993 Fox Body Coupe can be a little intimidating. In this video, Landan explains how to properly remove the quarter windows from your 1987-1993 Mustang Coupe.