Fox Body Front Window Adjustment | Coupe and Hatchback | 1979-1993
Created by Jay Walling
Date Created: 11/2/2021
Last Updated: 11/11/2021
If you've recently replaced run channel's on your Fox, adjusting your door glass is the final step in the process. Follow along, and we will show you the steps!
79 93 mustang
Weatherstrips are part of every 1979-1993 Fox Body restoration. When it comes to the run channel weatherstrips, door glass adjustment will be the final step once these are installed. If the door glass is misaligned, it can result in damaging water leaks and annoying wind noise in the interior of your Fox. Follow along, and we will show you all of the needed steps to get your glass fully seated where it should be.
Door Panel Removal
- Once you have the door panel removed, you will need to access all associated hardware for the door channel bracket. These will be the two bolts located near the front edge of the door frame. Remember, you will need to loosen these and do not fully remove them from the door.
- Next, moving to the guide rod, you will only need to loosen the upper nut. The lower nut on the bottom edge of the door can stay tight; there is no adjustment at this location.
- Then, you will want to loosen the upper bolt for the rear guide; this is located near the lock rod on the back edge of the door frame.
- The last step will be the window guide bushing bracket. You will need to roll the window up to gain access to this one; then, you can loosen this last bolt here.
- Now that we have all of the hardware loosened, it is time to start the adjustment procedure. Begin by completely rolling the window up to its highest position. The door glass will need to be set within the run channel. If you need to, you will be able to reach in from underneath and push the glass from the bottom side if it is not fully seated just from the motor alone.
- Now, begin by applying slight pressure on the rear guide until it makes contact with the door glass. This guide needs to make slight contact with the glass. Now you can fully tighten down this bolt.
- Moving forward, tighten down the upper guide rod mount nut. Next, apply inward pressure to the front channel bracket. Ensure there is contact with the glass and then tighten the top bolt first, followed by the bottom bolt.
- Lastly, tighten up the window guide bushing mount bolt.
- Check over all of your work and then reinstall your door panel. Now you have successfully adjusted your Coupe/Hatchback door glass!
We hope this article has helped you in the adjustment procedure for your 1979-1993 Fox Body Mustang! For more interior Installs/Removals check out our Fox Body Interior Article List for more info.