How To Install Mustang Rear Shock Bracket (86-04)
Posted 1/24/2018 by Tyler Rodriquez
79 93 mustang
94 04 mustang
- Ratchets Set
- Jack & Jack Stands
- Jack the car up and place it on jack stands. Be sure to place jack stands on the lower torque boxes.
- Loosen and remove the lower shock hardware with a 15mm socket on the bolt head and 18mm box end wrench on the nut.
- Before completely removing, support the axle tube on the side you are working on with a jack. Jack up on the axle tube until the shock has enough preload to easily remove the bolt.
- Locate and remove the factory bracket retaining nut. Use an 18mm box end wrench and remove the nut and pull the shock out of the bracket.
- Remove the old bracket from the car.
- Position the new one into place and thread on the provided nut and fully tighten with an 18mm box end wrench.
- Reverse the removal steps to get everything installed and repeat the process for the other side.