- Direct Replacement
- Replaces Frayed Cable
- Fits Mustang Without Speed Sensor
- 76" Length
- Correct Attaching Ends
1979-1993 Mustang Speedometer Cable w/o Speed Sensor
If your speedometer is not reading or the needle is jumping all over the place, chances are you need to replace the speedometer cable. This reproduction Mustang speedometer cable is a direct replacement for your 79-85 Mustang with a carburetor and without cruise control. Our cable measures 76" in length, from end to end. The cable to transmission o-ring & firewall grommet is not included.
Does My Mustang Have A Speed Sensor?
Will Have Speed Sensor:
- 1979-88 Mustangs w/ factory cruise control.
- 1989-93 Mustangs w/ or w/o factory cruise control.
Will Not Have Speed Sensor:
- 1979-88 Mustangs w/o factory cruise control. Excluding 1988 California models
Be very careful with the routing. If it comes within 1" of any exhaust component, it will need a fiber-based heat shield installed in that area and 6" past both directions for protection. Also, any bends should be long and sweeping, sharp turns will cause immediate cable failure. The firewall grommet is not included. You will need to purchase the Manual or Auto version depending on your transmission.
- Fits 1979-1985 Mustang with carburetor and without cruise control.
- Fits 1986-1988 Mustang w/ EFI and w/o factory cruise control. Excluding 1988 California models
Pioneer Warranty - Click Here