Includes Inner Door Belt Weatherstrip, Speaker Grilles, Lower Door Carpet & Cloth Inserts
What's in the Box
(1) Driver Side Door Panel
(1) Passenger Side Door Panel
Deluxe Mustang Door Panels
This pair of fully assembled Mustang door panels includes new inner door belt weatherstrips, door lock knob grommets, speakers grilles, lower door carpet and cloth inserts.
- 87-89 style, but will also fit 90-93
- Fits Mustang hatchback and coupe
- For Mustangs with power windows only
- Fits 1987 & early 1988 Mustang Convertible & T-Top with the hardtop style window post mounted side mirror
Door Panels = Key Interior Component
As far as Mustang interiors go there are only a few components that you will see or touch on a regular basis: carpet, seats, dash/console, and door panels. Out of this list door panels get overlooked probably more than anything else, but when you consider how your Mustang's door panel affects your overall driving experience you start to wonder why. During normal driving your left arm will rest on the arm rest that is secured to the door panel. Not only is the arm rest a handy place to set your elbow, but it also houses your window and door lock switches considering that your Mustang has power windows and locks.
The door panel is not just there for convenience, it also serves an important purpose: blocking out excessive road noise that comes from the door cavity. Door cavities are a breeding ground for squeaks, rattles, knocks, and other annoying sounds. If your Mustang's door panel is ill fitting, not properly installed, damaged or missing these sounds will find their way into your interior and eventually drive you nuts! Install them with the brand new door panel clips and drive your Mustang in peace! Your ears will thank you!
- Door panels are shipped without holes cut in the vinyl for the arm rest, window regulator, switches or door handle. Precut holes are cut into the backer board for these accessories. When cutting the vinyl, remove as little vinyl material as needed to gain the proper clearance on the door itself. Cutting the vinyl to match the holes in the backing board can result unsatisfactory finish. Pictures are for reference only.
I ordered these for the restoration of my 1988 GT. They took a little while to come, 2 weeks, but they are made to order, so it was fine. They are made well, although a bit flimsy. They aren't as sturdy as the stock ones. I chose to also buy the door panel sound deadener set to bulk them up a little, and those fit nice as well. I'm happy with these.
Yes, I would recommend this item to a friend!
Was this review helpful to you?
Great Look and replacement
Wesley C. on
These replacement panels will help complete the door restoration and make the interior look as good as new again.