Mustang Accessory Drive Kit
This 5.0 Resto kit for your 1985-93 Mustang GT, LX or Cobra is intended to increase performance, reduce parasitic drag and save weight by bypassing the smog pump, A/C compressor. This kit will also reduce the amount of energy needed to rotate the remaining water pump, power steering pump and alternator with SVE aluminum under drive pulleys. This kit also includes a Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt to give you the best accessory drive performance available!
Because this kit bypasses the factory smog pump it is not intended for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
-Fits 1985-1993 Mustang 5.0
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of saving weight and increased performance!
5.0 Resto - Dedicated To The Preservation Of The Fox Body Mustang
5.0 Resto® specializes in restoration and specialty parts for 1979-1993 Ford Mustangs. Using years of experience in the late model Mustang restoration and aftermarket industry, 5.0 Resto® is your source for anything Fox Mustang. While designing, and manufacturing several items such as 5-Lug Conversion Kits, weather stripping components and interior restoration items, 5.0 Resto® also uses many other name brand suppliers to provide problem solving products directly to the Fox Body Mustang community. As with any part branded as 5.0 Resto®, they stand behind all of these products to the fullest extent and have tested these products to ensure they live up to the quality and performance you have come to expect!