- Improved Acceleration
- Eliminates Guesswork
- Everything You Need To Do The Job Right
- 4.10 Ratio
- Royal Purple Gear Oil Virtually Eliminates Wear
- Friction Modifier Provides Smooth Operation & Prevents Chatter
Ford Performance 4.10 Gear Kit
These Ford Performance Mustang 4.10 gears are a great way to improve acceleration to make your Mustang faster! This kit fits 1986-2014 Mustang with an 8.8" rear end. The kit features a set of Ford Performance 4.10 gears, a Yukon gear install kit w/ American made Koyo bearings, a bottle of Ford Performance friction modifier, and 2 bottles of Royal Purple 75W140 gear oil. The bearing kit includes a GT500 style pinion bearing, new carrier bearings, pinion seal, ring gear bolts, pinion nut, crush sleeve, shims, and marking compound. With this kit, you can get your gear installation completed quickly and easily.
Motorcraft Friction Modifier
Motorcraft friction modifier is a specially formulated additive to provide smooth operation of clutch-type, limited-slip differentials. One bottle of friction modifier is required when changing the gear oil in rear ends equipped with Ford traction-lock units.
Royal Purple Max-Gear Oil
Royal Purple Max-Gear gear oil is an ultra-tough automotive gear oil. It’s designed to maximize power and provide unsurpassed protection to heavily loaded gears. It makes gears run smoother, quieter, cooler and longer without overhauls. Max-Gear outperforms other gear oils because it combines the highest quality synthetic oils with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synslide additive technology.
- Although the Royal Purple gear oil has a friction modifier mixed in, it is still recommended that you use the bottle of Ford Performance friction modifier to supply your 8.8 rear ends with the proper amount of modifier.
- PVTKF8.8-B 2012 GT500 high-torque rear pinion bearings are included as an Upgrade for Factory Components and works on all 1986-2014 Mustang 8.8 differentials.
- LMR recommends the 75W140 viscosity for all 1986-2014 8.8" differentials as it is appropriate for most climates, fuel economy, and performance.
(1) Ford Performance Parts 4.10:1 gearset
(1) Outer 2012 GT500 Style Pinion Bearing & Race
(1) Inner 2012 GT500 Style Pinion Bearing & Race
(1) Carrier Shim Set
(1) Pinion Shim Set
(2) Carrier Bearings with Races
(1) Pinion Seal
(10) Ring Gear Bolts
(1) Crush Sleeve
(1) Pinion Nut
(1) Tube Gear Marking Compound
(1) Cover Gasket
(1) Bottle of Motorcraft Friction Modifier
(2) Bottles of Royal Purple 75W140 gear oil
- Fits 1986-2014 Mustang with 8.8" Rear End
After installation of rear gears, you will need to correct the speedometer. There are different methods to do this depending on year model.
1979-1995 Speedometer Correction - Click Here
1996-Present Speedometer Correction - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts "Packs" and Component Parts Limited Warranty - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts - NO WARRANTY - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts Crate Engine Limited Warranty - Click Here