- Improves Acceleration
- Reduces Rotational Weight
- Reduced Driveline Vibrations
- Ford Performance Quality
- 6061-RT62 Aluminum Construction
- 28 Spline Yoke
- 1330 U-Joints
- 3.5" Diameter
Ford Performance Aluminum Driveshaft M-4602-GA
Reduce driveline vibration while improving acceleration in your 1979-2004 Mustang with this Ford Performance aluminum driveshaft! Your factory driveshaft is constructed with heavy steel that can be a chore for your engine to rotate. Installing an aluminum driveshaft reduces rotational mass which increases acceleration because your engine is now using less power to rotate the driveshaft and making more power available to the rear wheels! Ford Performance utilizes heavy-duty U-joints and high-speed balances this driveshaft so most driveline vibrations are greatly reduced or eliminated after installation.
Ford Performance Quality
Ford Performance brand products have a way of instilling confidence that you're installing quality on your Mustang and this driveshaft is no exception. Constructed with 6061-RT62 aluminum, this driveshaft is built to last. The 0.114" wall thickness and 3.5" diameter are seamless end to end and ready to handle increased power demands effortlessly. 1330 U-Joints and a 28 spline driveshaft yoke are fitted to this driveshaft making it a direct fit for the applications below.
This Mustang Aluminum Driveshaft Fits:
- 1979-1995 Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with Manual Transmission (SROD/T5)
- 1979-1995 Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with Manual Transmission (Tremec 3550 - Must use driveshaft spacer on 94-95)
- 1983-1995 Mustang 5.0L/5.8L with Automatic Transmission (C4/AOD)
- 1996-2004 Mustang 4.6L with Automatic Transmission (4R70W/75W) (Must Re-use Factory Transmission Yoke from Stock Driveshaft or Dana/Spicer 2-3-14061X)
- 1994-2004 Mustang 3.8L/3.9L V6 with Manual Transmission (T5)
- 1996-2004 Mustang 3.8L/3.9L V6 with Automatic Transmission (Must Re-use Factory Transmission Yoke from Stock Driveshaft or Dana/Spicer 2-3-14061X)
- 1984-1986 Mustang SVO
- Will NOT fit 4-cylinder Automatic transmissions
Disclaimer - Driveshaft Hardware
- The 1979-2004 Mustang factory driveshaft bolts are installed using a thread locker chemical and are NOT torque to yield. If reusing the factory bolts, clean the old thread locker material from the threads, and apply new blue thread locker before reinstalling the bolts or use new driveshaft bolts and apply blue thread locker to threads and torque to the factory specifications. New bolts can be found here: HDW-4602.
- For 2005-2021 Ford Mustangs, it is recommended that you install new driveshaft to pinion flange bolts when removing the driveshaft. The driveshaft to pinion flange bolts are torque to yield and should be torqued to 41ft-lbs.
Ford Performance Racing Parts "Packs" and Component Parts Limited Warranty - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts - NO WARRANTY - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts Crate Engine Limited Warranty - Click Here