- 351 Based Engine
- Premium Components
- Hand Assembled in USA
- 575 Horsepower on Pump Gas
- Forged Steel Rotating Assembly
- High Port Z Cylinder Heads
- 10.0:1 Compression Ratio
- Boss Engine Block
Ford Performance 460ci Crate Motor
Drop in the biggest small block Windsor crate engine into your Mustang or Ford Lightning, with Ford Performance's Z460 crate engine! Ford Performance hand-built this engine with premium quality parts right here in the USA! This engine starts off with a Boss 351 engine block, and is then filled with SCAT forged crankshaft and connecting rods, Mahle forged pistons, and Clevite bearings. This ensures the engine can handle anything you throw at it! Ford Performance High Port Z cylinder heads are utilized to maximize airflow while remaining lightweight. This combination resulted in a 10.0:1 compression ratio where Ford Performance saw a power output of 575 horsepower @ 5,500 RPM, and 575 lb.-ft of torque @ 4,700 RPM!
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 460
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.150" bore x 4.250" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5" deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam 6.125-inch length connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms: Ford Racing M-6564-F351 Roller Rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper: Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI Approved
- Valve Covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum - silver painted finish
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front (9 quarts) or rear sump (7 quarts) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper (M-6675-FT351 front sump or M-6675-DRS351 rear sump)
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 included - long type - standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Required fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internal use neutral balance flywheel
- New block, oil and water pump, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan, and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance rear sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
- Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
- All horsepower and torque numbers were generated on an engine dyno. Individual results may vary. Engine power ratings were achieved with Edelbrock® Super Victor intake, Holley® 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers.
- Ford Performance recommends Edelbrock Super Victor intake manifold PN 2924 (not included).
This product is intended for off-road use only, and is not legal for use in emission restrictive states. Off-Road Disclaimer
We recommend breaking this crate engine in properly. Late Model Restoration will not be held accountable for any damages that may occur due to improper break-in methods. Normal break in conditions consist of 500 miles at normal operating conditions.
Ford Performance Racing Parts "Packs" and Component Parts Limited Warranty - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts - NO WARRANTY - Click Here
Ford Performance Racing Parts Crate Engine Limited Warranty - Click Here