LMR will close early Friday April 9th. Our call center will close at 3:30PM CT and local will-call services will be unavailable after 12pm CT. We will resume normal business hours Monday April 12th. Please use our Contact page for any issues regarding your order.
Fox Body Hydroboost Conversion Kit
We can all agree that the factory vacuum assisted brake booster in your 1979-1993 Fox Body Mustang has a lot of room for improvement. Thanks to the great people over at Maximum Motorsports, they have come up with a way to make sure your Fox Body has the stopping power it needs at any moment. This hydroboost conversion kit takes the stock 1999-2004 Mustang GT/Cobra hydroboost unit and apadts it to fit the firewall in your Fox Body Mustang ensuring you do not have any trouble with the install.
What is Hydroboost?
Factory Foxbody Mustang either came with manual braking or vacuum-assisted brake booster. Both of these work just fine on normal to lightly modified cars, but when comes to high horsepower or tracked cars; inconsistencies in the vacuum system can cause brake issues. Hydroboost boosters use the power of hydraulic fluid, provided by the power steering pump, to assist the driver in his braking needs. As long as the engine is running, and the hydraulic system is working smoothly, you will always have consistent braking power.
Engine Swap Advantages
When swapping different engines into your 79-93 Fox Body sometimes the old brake booster can get in the way. One advantage of using a hydroboost unit is its size! No more worries of if your Coyote swap or other engines will fit your engine compartment.
Power Steering Pump Requirements
- When performing a Coyote swap, the use of a 1996-2004 Mustang modular V8 power steering pump is recommended.
- On factory pushrod engines the OEM power steering pump is suitable for the hydroboost conversion.
- Be sure to read installation instructions for all details on how to properly install and for a complete list of parts you will need.
- Installation of a cooler in the return line to ensure proper fluid temperatures. Required for track-driven Mustangs
- Use of a factory style steering pump from a 1996-2004 V8 Mustang
- Match proper hydraulic hoses to the year of the hydroboost unit.
What's required, but not included?
- 1999-2004 Hydroboost unit
- 1999-2004 Mustang GT/Cobra master cylinder
- Hydraulic hoses connecting the Hydroboost unit to the pump and steering rack
- Power steering pump
- Brake hard lines connecting the master cylinder to the car's brake system.
- Brake fluid
- The Hydroboost is simply a type of power assist, just as a vacuum booster is a type of power assist. It will work with most of the front and rear caliper setups used on SN95 and Fox Mustangs.
- It is up to the installer to confirm the volume of fluid required to move the caliper pistons is compatible with the volume of fluid the master cylinder can deliver. Please See Installation Instructions For Details.
- Proper front to rear brake bias is also required when using this kit.
- Fits 1979-1993 Mustangs with 1999-2004 Hydroboost Unit and 1999-2004 GT/Cobra Master Cylinder
Maximum Motorsports is well respected as a leading developer of suspension systems and performance parts for your Mustang or Lightning. Established in 1992, the team at MM has spent countless hours researching and developing the highest quality suspension components for 1979-Present Mustangs and 1993-Present SVT Lightnings. Maximum Motorsports has strived to produce lightweight, direct replacement suspension parts to get your vehicle handling, launching, and cornering better than ever. Shop LatemodelRestoration.com for performance panhard bars, k-members, subframe connectors, steering racks, caster/camber plates. chassis braces, control arms, roll bars, wheel spacers, and other tubular suspension parts.