*Sourced From ALLDATA*
1999-04 Mustang Fluid Capacities
New Edge Mustang Oil Capacity
- 3.8 V6, 5qts with filter change.
- Oil filter, Motorcraft FL400
- 4.6 V8 2&4 Valve, 6qts with filter change.
- Oil filter, Motorcraft FL820
- Most superchargers take between 6-8oz of supercharger oil. Refer to owners manual for your specific application.
Check out our oil change kits here : New Edge Mustang Engine Oil
New Edge Mustang Coolant System Capacity
- 3.8 V6, approx. 11.8qts (2.95gal)
- 4.6 V8 2 Valve, approx 14.1qts (3.525gal)
- 4.6 V8 4 Valve (Mach 1/Terminator), approx. 16.1qts (4.025gal)
Check out our coolant system components here : New Edge Mustang Engine Cooling & Heating
New Edge Mustang Transmission Fluid Capacity
- V6 & GT automatic approx. 12.7qts (including torque converter)
- T5 V6 approx. 2.8qts
- T45 GT approx. 3.3qts
- TR-3650 approx. 4qts
- T-56 approx. 4.1qts
Check out our automatic and manual transmission components here: New Edge Mustang Driveline
New Edge Mustang Rear End Fluid Capacity
- 7.5" Differential, Approx 1.75qts & 4oz of friction modifier.
- 8.8" Differential, Approx 1.875qts & 4oz of friction modifier
Check out our rear end fluid service kits here: New Edge Mustang Rear End Gears
Oil Viscosity Explained
Why do I see a “W” on my engine and gear oil? Simply explained, this means the oil being used is a multi-viscosity application. The ‘W” in motor and gear oil stands for winter. The first number you see is the classification of cold weather viscosity. The smaller the number is on this first number means the oil being used will be less viscous at lower temps. The second number after the “W” is the high temp viscosity, or how the oil is at operating temps. Once again, the higher the number, the thicker the oil would be. Thicker oil is not always better, depending on the age and wear of the engine, thicker viscosity oil can benefit you. On a brand new engine, this could actually hurt you. Ford and other manufactures have specifications normally listed on the oil cap or in the factory owner’s manual.