- Adapts Factory Hard Lines To SVO Master Cylinder
- Brand New Booster, NOT Remanufactured
- Perfect For Rear Disc Brake Conversions
- No Cutting Or Flaring Necessary
- Excellent Brake Pedal Feel
- Factory Dimensions & Tolerances
- Master Cylinder Bore - 1.125"
- Adjustable Booster Push Rod
- Correct Thread Pitch
- Black E-Coat Finish
What's in the Box
- (1) 1993 Cobra Style Brake Booster
- (2) Master Cylinder to Booster Retaining Nuts
- (4) Brake Booster to Firewall Retaining Nuts
- (1) Brake Light Switch Hardware Kit
- (1) SVO Brake Master Cylinder
- (1) SVO Master Cylinder Brake Line Adapter Fitting
1979-1986 Mustang 5.0 Resto 1993 Cobra Brake Booster Kit
Complete the braking system upgrades on your 1979-1986 Fox Body Mustang with this 5.0 Resto 1993 Cobra style brake booster kit. 5.0 Resto has assembled this kit specifically to ease the steps of a disc brake conversion or upgrading to larger piston calipers on your Mustang. The idea behind this kit is to ensure that your brake upgrades have the proper supporting parts to enable your Fox Body Mustang to stop on a dime with a proper pedal feel!
5.0 Resto 1993 Cobra Style Brake Booster
Utilized in the 1993 Mustang Cobra, Cobra R, and the Ford Performance M-2300-K brake kit, the 1993 Cobra brake booster was the ultimate solution for disc brake conversions on Fox Body Mustangs. For years, Fox Body Mustang owners who upgraded braking components opted for the 1993 Cobra brake booster due to its larger diaphragm, providing an increase in pedal assist. The popularity of this brake booster can be contributed to its ability to maintain a factory pedal feel when running upgraded braking components, such as larger piston calipers or a rear disc brake conversion. To prevent the hunt for hard-to-find disc brake conversion components, 5.0 Resto is proud to offer this new 1993 Cobra style booster for all Fox Body Mustang brake upgrade projects. Featuring a black e-coat finish, factory dimensions, and tolerances, this 5.0 Resto 1993 Cobra style brake booster is identical to the original but utilizes brand new components inside and out. All of the mounting studs utilize the factory thread pitch, which will allow for the original hardware to be reused. The actuator rod is the same inner diameter as the original unit, which enables the provided plastic bushing to install right into place and can be easily positioned onto the brake pedal arm inside of the car. On the engine bay side of the brake booster there is an adjustable pushrod that allows for the proper length to be set and the correct pedal effort to be achieved per the application. A pre-installed rubber grommet and vacuum check valve arrive on this brake booster to ensure the proper vacuum is achieved when the brakes are applied. This 1993 Cobra style brake booster accepts popular master cylinder options such as the 1993 Cobra master cylinder included in this kit, making this a period-correct upgrade for your braking system. To ease final installation, 5.0 Resto includes the correct master cylinder and brake booster retaining nuts as well as the correct brake light switch hardware to allow for proper spacing of the booster brake light switch underneath the dash.
Maximum Motorsports Master Cylinder Adapter Fitting
To properly adapt the included 1984-1986 SVO master cylinder to the factory brake hard lines, 5.0 Resto includes the correct Maximum Motorsports brake adapter fitting. This adapter is needed as the factory hard lines use a different size fitting. Rather than cutting, flaring, and guessing the correct fitting size 5.0 Resto eliminates the hard work with this bolt-on Maximum Motorsports master cylinder adapter fitting saving you time and money. This fitting utilizes the correct thread pitch to make the connection between the 1993 Cobra style brake booster, SVO master cylinder, and the factory hard lines a breeze!
SVO Master Cylinder
Completing this kit is a remanufactured 1984-1986 SVO master cylinder with the larger 1.125" bore and 1.43" pushrod depth. The additional fluid volume required from larger calipers and disc brake conversions is ultimately why 5.0 Resto opted for the SVO master cylinder as it will provide excellent braking power and pedal travel ensuring your Fox Body Mustang will stop on a dime!
- Because of the larger brake booster, the factory master cylinder hard lines will need to be repositioned accordingly.
- WARNING: The brake booster pushrod length MUST be adjusted before installation.
- Failure to properly set the booster pushrod length will result in the pushrod being too long (brakes will drag) or too short (pedal will be too low).
- Please reference our pushrod adjustment video HERE.
- No matter the application, the mounting holes in the firewall will need to be slotted and the strut tower will need to be massaged in order to install this brake booster.
- An adjustable proportioning valve and proportioning valve plug are required when running this kit.
- Fits 1979-1986 Mustang w/ upgraded braking components (larger piston calipers/rear disc brake conversion)
5.0 Resto Products Limited Warranty - Click Here