- Bulletproof Your Rear End
- Optimizes Traction
- Improves Acceleration
- SVE Quality
- FRPP Carbon Clutch Disc Differential
- Track-Ready Components
- One Piece Forged Axles
- 4.10 Gears
What's in the Box
- (See Description Below For Components)
SVE 31 Spline 8.8" Heavy Duty Rear Axle Kit
Launch with confidence in your 1979-93 Mustang by upgrading your 8.8" rear end the right way with this SVE heavy-duty rear axle kit with 4.10 gears! SVE has taken out the guesswork in compiling this heavy-duty rear axle kit solution which packs in the performance for severe service, be it on the drag strip or the road course! Featuring core components from brands like SVE, Yukon, Ford Performance, and Royal Purple this kit ensures you have the right parts to keep your Mustang rolling with confidence.
31 Spline 5 Lug Rear Axle Conversion
One of the major components needed when converting to 5 lug is the axles. These Yukon axles are stock length 31 spline with a 5" x 4.5" bolt pattern that allows the use of 94-04 5 lug wheels on your Fox. Yukon builds these axles from high-quality, 1541H forged steel that's hardened to increase torque capacity 25% over your stock axles. A set of 10 new wheel studs are included to make installation quick and easy!
Ford Performance Traction-Lok
Ford Racing Traction-Lok differentials optimize your vehicle's traction by transferring the power to both rear wheels. These limited-slip differential units use heavy plate-style clutches to ensure your engine's full power potential makes it to the ground and limits the "one-wheel wonder"! Perfect for the street or strip!
Motorcraft Friction Modifier
Motorcraft friction modifier is a specialty formulated additive to provide smooth operation of clutch-type, limited-slip differentials. One bottle of friction modifier is required when changing the gear oil in the rear ends equipped with Ford traction-lock units.
Ford Performance 4.10 Gears
These Ford Performance Mustang 4.10 gears are a great way to improve acceleration to make your Mustang faster! The kit features a set of Ford Performance 4.10 gears, a Yukon gear install kit w/ American made Koyo bearings, a bottle of Ford Performance friction modifier, and 2 bottles of Royal Purple 75W140 gear oil. The bearing kit includes a GT500 style pinion bearing, new carrier bearings, pinion seal, ring gear bolts, pinion nut, crush sleeve, shims, and marking compound.
SVE Performance 8.8 Rear Axle Differential Cover
SVE's aluminum differential cover adds strength to your differential by reducing flex in the main bearings. When your differential bearings move this allows the ring and pinion to mesh incorrectly, which in turn, creates unwanted wear and can eventually lead to the infamous gear whine/failure. This heavy-duty differential cover comes with bolts, washers, and installation instructions to ensure proper installation.
- FRPP 31 Spline Traction-Lok Differential with Carbon Fiber Disks
- Hardened 31 spline 5 lug axles YA-F750011
- High Strength Steel 3" studs MOR-46180
- Ford Racing (FRPP) 4.10 gears M-4209-88410
- Yukon gear install kit w/ American made Koyo bearings
- Ford axle bearing & seal kit LRS-1225AK
- Carrier bearing cap stud kit M-4034-A
- SVE Heavy Duty Differential Cover SVE-4033A
- Pinion flange LRS-4851A
- 75W140 Royal Purple synthetic gear oil
- Motorcraft friction modifier
- Requires the use of open-end lug nuts due to the 3" length of the wheel studs.
- The purchase of compatible 5 lug rear drums is needed. Check out Rear Brake Drum - 5 Lug - Finned.
- PVTKF8.8-B GT500 Pinion Race & Bearings Included As An Upgrade For Factory Component
- Fits 1979-1993 Mustangs with 8.8" Axle
- LMR Recommends the 75W140 viscosity for all 1986-2014 8.8" differentials as it is appropriate for most climates, fuel economy, and performance.
Axle Fitment Disclaimer
- The axles included in this purchase will not fit factory 1984-1986 SVO, 1993 Cobra, or 1987-1993 Saleen Mustangs. This can shorten the overall track width of the rear end causing interference of factory brakes.
After installation of rear gears, you will need to correct the speedometer. There are different methods to do this depending on year model.
1979-1995 Speedometer Correction - Click Here
1996-Present Speedometer Correction - Click Here
SVE Products Limited Warranty - Click Here