- Built For High Performance Applications
- Stronger Than Stock T5 Transmission
- Includes Shifter
- Improved Synchronizers & Bearings
- Pre-Installed Bearing Retainer
What's in the Box
- (1) T5 Transmission Assembly
Ford Mustang Heavy-duty "World Class" T5 Transmission
This Tremec Heavy-duty "World Class" T5 Transmission is a great replacement for a blown, grinding, or malfunctioning Ford Mustang transmission. This 1979-1993 Fox Body transmission offers several upgraded features over the factory transmission. Not only does this T5 transmission include higher performance internal parts it is also rated for more power than the factory transmission of your Mustang.
Tremec's Heavy-duty "World Class" T5 Transmission has a 300ft/lbs torque capacity to take on the demand of high horsepower Fox Body Mustangs. These transmission parts include improved synchronizers, bearings, and a short-throw shifter, this transmission shifts smoother and faster to give you better performance on and off the track. This Ford Mustang transmission features double mold 2nd speed and 3rd-speed gears with carbon fiber 3-4 blocker rings.
- 1.0625" diameter 10 spline input shaft,
- 28 spline output shaft, and a
- 7 tooth speedometer drive gear.
- Holds approx. 2.8 Qts Synchromesh fluid
- 1st 2.95
- 2nd 1.94
- 3rd 1.34
- 4th 1.00
- 5th 0.63
Additional Fitment Note
- This is a direct replacement for the 1983-1993 Ford Mustang 5.0L originally equipped with a T5 5-speed.
- This transmission will also bolt up to 1979-1982 that was originally equipped with the SROD 4-speed transmission as long as a T5-specific bell housing is used.
- This transmission is a direct replacement for the original T5Z M-7003-Z transmission.
- Fits 1979-1993 Ford Mustang V8 Only
TREMEC Transmission Limited Warranty - Click Here