- Extreme Durability
- Optimized Gear Layout
- 600lb-ft Torque Capacity
- 8000 RPM Shifting Capability
- Provides Smooth, Superior Shift-Ability
- Wide Gear Ratio
- 26 Spline Input Shaft
- 31 Spline Output Shaft
- Multi-Cone Synchronizers
- 7 Tooth Internal Drive Gear
What's in the Box
- (1) Tremec 5-Speed TKX Transmission
Mustang Tremec TKX Transmission
Ensure your transmission can handle the extra power your engine puts down with this 1979-2004 Mustang Tremec TKX transmission! Designed to be the successor to the TKO transmission, the TKX features triple cone synchronizers with a non-leading tooth profile (taken from the T56) to eliminate the notchy feeling the TKO had. With the provided billet aluminum, short-throw shifter you'll experience buttery smooth shifts all the way up the extended RPM range! The TKX is capable of 8,000 RPM engine speeds with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. An updated end loading design provides improved strength along with a new case for increased tunnel clearance making fitment issues a thing of the past. This TKX has the .68 overdrive 5th gear which is ideal for cars that see regular highway use. Built to handle 600lb/ft of torque, this is the next generation of performance transmission.
Utilizing the highest-quality materials, this TKX transmission is durable and built to last. The synchronizers are built with a sintered bronze and carbon material that provide smooth shifts without sacrificing strength. Tremec optimized the gear layout to control stress levels and NVH, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed 3-piece housing. A 7.2" length, 26-spline input shaft is combined with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength. Each gear is made with a high-grade steel (ASTM 4615) which results in the 600lb/ft torque capacity. Tremec uses tapered roller bearings on every shaft along with a caged needle bearing on the main shaft to reduce noise. To further optimize durability, oversized gear widths are used, along with gaskets at all flanges. All of these improvements and more provide you a bulletproof transmission that's built to handle anything you throw at it!
TKX Gear Ratios
- 1st 2.87
- 2nd 1.89
- 3rd 1.28
- 4th 1.00
- 5th 0.68
- For all TKX 5-speed models, TREMEC recommends TREMEC High-Performance Manual Transmission Fluid (HP-MTF™), Dexron-III, GM Synchromesh™, Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, or Pennzoil® Synchromesh.
- Fluid capacity is 2.7 quart
- You will need to either transfer your factory shift handle and shift ball or pick up a new set!
- Machining marks on the Transmission mount boss may be present
- Fits 1979-2004 Ford Mustang (See Fitment Notes Tab)
TREMEC Transmission Limited Warranty - Click Here