Mustang 5.0 Resto Turbine Wheel - 15x9
- Industry Leading Warranty
- Provides Retro Styling
- Bright, Silver Finish
- Restores Exterior
- Clear Coat Finish
- Machined Face & Lip
- Smooth Silver Accent Color
- High-Quality Aluminum Construction
Restore the classic styling of your Fox Body but add more meat to the rear tires with 5.0 Resto's 1979-1993 Mustang 15x9 Turbine wheel! The Turbine wheel (also referred to as the "alloy" wheel option) first made its appearance on the 1987 Mustang GT wrapped in a set of Goodyear Gatorback tires. The Turbine wheel was the performance wheel option used on the GT for the first few years of the aero-nose Fox Body. Its polarizing nature had many Fox owners tossing them aside for years, but period-correct restorations have seen this wheel become a regular at car shows again. One of the Achilles heels of this wheel was the very thin coat of silver paint and clearcoat that deteriorated quickly. This left just the rough textured aluminum that captured dirt, faded, and yellowed over time. 5.0 Resto improved upon this flaw by manufacturing this wheel with a smooth painted silver finish to make for easier cleaning. Featuring a bright silver paint with a clear coat finish, machined Turbine spokes, and a machined outer lip that's sure to bring your Fox Body exterior back to life. With the added width of the 9" wheel allows for a deeper concave, adding extra depth to the face of the wheel accentuating the Turbine look. 5.0 Resto's dedication to preserving Fox Body Mustangs made the Turbine wheel an easy choice to provide a true restoration wheel for 1979-1993 Mustang owners.5.0 Resto Quality
5.0 Resto carefully measured every millimeter of this wheel to provide a perfect fit on your Fox Body Mustang. From the backspacing and offset to the width and diameter, the Turbine wheel provides your Mustang with nostalgic styling and a period-correct look. 5.0 Resto's Turbine wheel is a 4x108 lug pattern, sized in 15x9 with a +18mm offset and 5.71" backspace. The tried-and-true low-pressure cast wheel comes in at 21 lbs. Each wheel features a brilliant machined finish face and lip, with smooth silver paint silver on the inside of the multiple spokes. Thus giving these Fox Body wheels their signature multiple spoke designed to look like a turbine jet engine. The wheel is then clear-coated to protect this finish for years to come! 5.0 Resto backs this wheel with an industry leading warranty for the ultimate peace of mind.
Fox Spindle Wheels - Clearance Notes
- 1979-93 Mustang (All):
- Steering rack limiters May be needed to eliminate rubbing issues when turning the front wheel.
- It may require a front 8MM spacer to keep the grease cap from pushing out the center cap.
- Rear quad shocks may need to be reversed or removed for proper fitment. Please check for clearance issues before driving the car.
- Installation of wheels that are wider than the factory wheels on the rear of your Mustang may require fender clearance and exhaust modification for proper fitment.
- 1979-86 Mustang (All) - Requires a front-wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
- 1979-90 Mustang (All) - Due to smaller front wheel openings, installing wheels or tires wider than the factory may require additional clearance on front fenders.
- 1987-93 Mustang (2.3L) - Requires a front-wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes.
For details about wheel fitment, please check out the following tech guide: Fox Body Mustang Wheel Fitment Guide.
5.0 Resto Products Limited Warranty - Click Here